cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's driving me nuts, please NOWTV help my devices have only one activated yet I can't add anymore (I Should have 3 more slots free)

Plz Help

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you've had issues trying to add devices. Can you have a try now and see if it helps.

Post again if you have any further problems. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I went into 'Live Chat' and spoken to someone there who fixed the issue for me 🙂 (Just a few min's ago)

Thank You

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says i have added the maxium number of devices this month. I havent, iv removed 2 devices and it wont let me add a device. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've reached your device limit. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You will now be able to add 2 new devices. Please be aware if you remove a device you can only add 1 new one per calender month.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am very frustrated with the fact the service is limited to two device, I subscripted to this service using a four month groupon, I liked the idea of play films on my laptop when away from home, on my tablet when on the move and at home with my XBOX/ youview box, but has I've found using service as I would like isn't the case, at the present I have remove all my devices as I could only use one devices I believe because I have a Sky Go account that I don't as I don't have Sky, and now which is very frustrated as I have reached the amount of times I can register a device, but I don't have any devices attached. This service is truly the worst on demand movie service for me mainly due to this device limit. 

When friends ask me about this service, I tell them to avoid and try a different service that doesn't restrict usage to it customers and allows to us as it advertises. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi andrewjbaristow,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we understand the frustration and appreciate your feedback.

Having checked your devices I have had to send you a Private Messsage as the information is sensitive and cannot be put on the community board.

Regards,

Munira

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem. On my devices it LISTS my PC which I am trying to use now which says I have reached my device limit...when I have only had 1 device listed all month.

Please help,

Chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi jazzychris,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, in regards to the device issue you are receiving, you will need to follow the instructions under this post on 'How do I manage my registered devices'.

As the reason you may be receiving this error message may be due to maxing your devices.

Regards,

Munira

NOW TV Team