cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Explorer has stopped playing again

Hi all

I was watching TV happily on my PC yesterday through Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, but I've gone to log in today and....

1) The log-in screen is different

2) It's asking me to use the app instead.

What's changed? And why has there been no notice of it?

15 REPLIES 15
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Rogue X

You know, I've never known Now TV to notify their customers when they are going to roll out an update, you're actually in "Take it or Take it" territory, i.e. no choice saloon.

However, if an update goes horribly wrong Now TV have been known to rush out a fix or roll back to the previous good release.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi roguexuk

I'm glad someone else has the same problem as me. Last watched nowtv mid January as many shows have a mid season break and thought I'd log on again to see if any had restarted. Watching on windows 7, IE11, Silverlight as per usual but have to install the player now. Did you find a workaround without installing the player? The reviews on the nowtv player arent great so I'd like to avoid it if possible. Also, nowtv gives conflicting information about the specs for watching - according to their help pages, IE11 and silverlight are fine, then the player says windows 7 isnt compatible. Any help gladly received, thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
I gave IE11 a good clean out with ccleaner & that fixed it for the moment. We’ll see how long that lasts.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ccleaner didn't work for me 😞

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Hi
I gave IE11 a good clean out with ccleaner & that fixed it for the moment. We’ll see how long that lasts.

bacillus
Expert

I have the same experience as you guys!

NowTV played faultlessly with win10/IE11 and silverlight. Having been forced to install and  use the new NowTV player, I find the playback juddery at times.

Guess we are being used as guinea pigs with a "beta edition" of the player.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,  it has worsened. I am trying ti play something and the player is stuck on the spinning coloured balls. Timed it to 4 minutes and counting.
Who can help us with this?

Cheers
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tleris

Rats - it helped for a few days and then stopped. Obviously NowTV are doing something to their website.

I hate using the App, I'd much rather stream it.

I did see that there was another thread with the same problem (https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Now-TV-tring-to-run-via-app-instead-of-browser/m-...) and they've had a nowTV rep responding to them, so I'm trying to find out what's what.

@Anonymous Userwrote:

ccleaner didn't work for me 😞

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Hi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi , Same problem here, I chose to use the browser to stream as I find it more convenient that the app.

I am not happy with an app.

The NowTV page still says that is it possible to watch via the browser but this is not true. Nowhere there is help at hand to find out whether we are still 'allowed' to do so, or if this option has been removed. THere is no workaround presented.

THis is a very shaby customer service.

Can someone from NowTV give us some information and advice?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there
Thank you for the information and the link. I had started a live chat with NowTV, but that ended nowhere. I had an email then saying my issue was escalated. Then nothing, and few days after another email confirming that I had enough speed to stream online!
This is crazy.
I'll check the thread and hope that they have corrected the issue.
I've experienced quite shoddy service and that's not what I expected from this provider.
Cheers