cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't watch on my laptop

Not sure what is wrong here. I already have NowTV on my TV but today I tried to watch on my laptop but I can't find the way to do this. 

On the My Devices page it says simply start watching NowTV on a new device and it will be added to your devices. But the question is how do I start watching my normal TV on the the laptop? I have tried everything. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. It's windows 7.

Shame... If you were running Windows 8.1 or higher you could have installed the dedicated and future-proof NOW TV Windows app!

If you want to view NOW TV 'live' streams your only choice now is to install either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers along with Silverlight, (which is no longer actively supported by Microsoft).

And perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

First things first @Anonymous User,

Please confirm, does your laptop run Window or Mac OS? And which version is installed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. It's windows 7.

I want to watch live TV

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. It's windows 7.

Shame... If you were running Windows 8.1 or higher you could have installed the dedicated and future-proof NOW TV Windows app!

If you want to view NOW TV 'live' streams your only choice now is to install either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers along with Silverlight, (which is no longer actively supported by Microsoft).

And perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using Firefox and have installed silverlight, or so I think it installed. 

But I still can't watch anything.

I have removed the block and activated it. I don't know what else to do. 

What a useless service from NowTV. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am using Firefox and have installed silverlight, or so I think it installed. 

But I still can't watch anything.

I have removed the block and activated it. I don't know what else to do. 

What a useless service from NowTV. 

Hi @Anonymous User 

This may be a stupid question, but when you are trying to watch, what exactly happens? Are you watching through this link yeah? http://watch.nowtv.com/entertainment/livetv 

Thanks, 

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch live sport on laptop running Windows 10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm going to subscribe to this thread as I can't watch live sports either. I've just updated the Windows program and now I can't watch the Sports Pass I've just bought. Phone works fine but Windows program takes me to the splash screen, 'Head over to the NOW TV website...'

I've just tried selecting a sport to watch and that's where I've come from. Tried an uninstall and reinstall but nothing,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue, incredibly frustrating.

I have the latest app on my PC which uses windows 10 downloaded.

However, when I start that, it directs me to the website, when I sign in on the website, the website acts like I have to buy a new pack to watch anything, even though I have an active pack for sky sports.

It is incredibly frustrating, I just want to watch football, and I can't despite having an active subscription.

Any help much appreciated.

Barry

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital I still cant watch it on windows 10 but I have installed it and it says I need to reinstall it when I have the now tv player