cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to download Now TV Player when I can't access the Windows App Store

This is driving me completely mental.

I have been getting a f20000 error when trying to watch Now TV.

To cut a long story short, I've uninstalled the Now TV Player to see if reinstalling it would help. However, when I follow Now TV's directions - sign in, click on a programme, download the Player - I don't get a direct download link to the Player as I did before. I just get a link saying "Look for an app in the Store". When I click on that, it just comes up with a green screen with the Store logo on it that never actually opens the app store.

Is there somewhere else to download the Player from?

I'm using Windows 8 and Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly i am not clued up on using NowTV with Microsoft Windows 8, so apologies in advance if my post doesn't help.

Anyway, just a thought have you tried Silverlight with Internet Explorer IE11 instead of using the NowTV player ?

Here's a help guide in the link below about watching NowTV with IE 11 on the Silverlight playback platform.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility    

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  try this https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link!

When I try to install the Now TV app, I get a screen asking me to set up a Microsoft account. I have no idea what a Microsoft account is or does, and don't want one. Do you know how to watch Now TV without creating a Microsoft account?

With thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unless you are using Windows 8.1 or above you won't be able to use the NowTV app from the Microsoft Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is Windows 8.1.

Do you know the answer to the sign-in problem with IE? Why does it just take me back to the sign-in page? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your first post said that you was using Windows 8 on your PC, hence the reason why i mentioned Windows 8.1 using the NowTV app from the Microsoft Store.

Anyway it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately i can't help with Silverlight, because i don't use a PC watching NowTV.

Why don't you setup an Microsoft Store Account (it's free of charge) and try the NowTV app suggested by @4268.

Perhaps somebody more conversant with Windows PC's on the forum can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion! The big logo says Windows 8; it was only when I went into Properties that I saw it is 8.1

As above, I have no idea what a Microsoft account is or does, and don't want one. It's asking for all kinds of nosey details, and saying that I will then have to use a new password to sign into my device(?!) 

I used to be able to use Now TV through Chrome; then that stopped working. Then I was able to use it through Mozilla; now that has stopped working. And now I've installed IE and Silverlight, and that won't work either.

I don't understand why I can't just click on a link that automatically installs the Now TV Player, as I could just a few weeks ago, instead of setting up extra accounts with other companies that I don't want to deal with.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps try NowTV Live Chat on the link page below, hopefully they can assist you further.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/silverlight-installation-issues

Sorry i couldn't help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ug, I already tried them. Wasted an hour and a half while they responded with glacial slowness, asking me questions that I'd already answered, and appearing to think that I was on a mobile, even though I told them three times it was a PC.

Thanks for trying to help. I think I have to just cancel. This has already taken up five hours of my time, and I am literally screaming with rage.