cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I watch the freeview channels on a pc

I can get cinema, entertainment but can't find how i view the freeview channels eg bbc, through my pc on the web or with the app

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you would need to use an appropriate app or website. You could try TVPlayer that has many of the Freeview channels plus you can pay for extra channels not on Now on it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So freeview can't be watched through the nowtv website or app once logged in! That's a bit silly if so

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So freeview can't be watched through the nowtv website or app once logged in! That's a bit silly if so

it's not quite as silly as it may first appear to be the problem is is that NowTV need to get permission from sent channels in order to do that . Although sky go provide some of the Freeview channels . NowTV is seen as a separate entity, which means it would have to get permission separately

Also, in the case of BBC, ITV and Channel 4. You can watch their channels. Live using their websites

NowTV also has the smart box now which will give you access to Freeview channels. If you have any aerial.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Not silly at all @Anonymous User,

NOW TV and Freeview are totally separate television service platforms, which are owned/operated by totally different companies.

Further more, NOW TV is an internet based streaming service, which is owned by Sky Plc. And Freeview is a (registered trademark for the UK's DVB-T/T2) terrestrial based broadcast service, which operated by DTV Services Ltd.

Cheers   

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you watch Now on any device you watch it via an app at no point does the app include Freeview. Yes you can watch Freeview on the smart box but that is not from within the Now app on the box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.