cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message f20000 and no NowTV

I signed up for a weeks pass for Sky Sports. After 4 days of viewing I received error message f200000 and the Now TV app failed to work.

I then had an hours online chat with a polite assistant who was unable to resolve the issue. I then asked him to make sure that my account was closed and no further charges would apply. 

Next day 9th June I receive a message- 

Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I understand your concern that you're not able to watch NOW TV Content.

I would not like a precious customer like you to face such a hassle as this is not the way we make a impression on our valuable customers.

I know how annoying this can be be, worry not we will definitely get this sorted for you.

So lets see what happens next. So far its not Nowtv.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installed ''Now TV'' player. Firefox: Signed in, Pressed Play on Twin peaks , Player pops up with: Error code F20000. I have Windows 8.1

How to solve this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Installed ''Now TV'' player. Firefox: Signed in, Pressed Play on Twin peaks , Player pops up with: Error code F20000. I have Windows 8.1

How to solve this?

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem with the Now TV player using firefox on windows 10 and getting error code f20000. I've uninstalled and downloaded it again and it still won't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The service has stopped working on my PC.

I've been instructed to download the Now TV Player, but with that I'm getting the same error message as everyone else...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I Did. Cleared all cache, cookies... Firefox version 53... error
f20000 pops out
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I Did. Cleared all cache, cookies... Firefox version 53... error
f20000 pops out
Anonymous User
Not applicable

did uninstalled, installed, cleared cache, cookies.... Still pops out:  Error F20000

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem and have managed to fix it (Windows 8):

1) Stop any nowtv processess in task mananger wait a few seconds to ensure they have fully stopped.

2) Unistall the nowtv app, if it reports some items were not removed as it did for me delete the 2 related now tv folders (Now TV and Now Tv Player) from c:\users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming.

3) As a precaution also remove the Now TV keys in the registry: Start > type regedit in the search and click on regedit. In the editor highlight computer then select edit > find only tick keys and search for nowtv. Delete any relevent keys found. CAUTION be careful

make sure it's ONLY keys related to nowtv if you are in any doubt you can make a backup (file > export).

4) Again as a precaution restart Windows.

5) Download and reinstall the nowtv player again - just in case you have an older version and it should work again.

Hope this helps - it's a bit of pain and I'm still not sure why this problem exists and I'm a little annoyed the unistallation process does not remove everything as it should but this worked for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've given up on the player and I'm using the app instead from the windows store, which seems to work fine. Don't know why this thing is so problematic. You shouldn't have to go through all this rigramarole. I installed and uninstalled several times, cleared caches, removed my device from the list in case that was stopping it and nothing worked. These things should be worked out before you're forced to use them.