cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message f20000 and no NowTV

I signed up for a weeks pass for Sky Sports. After 4 days of viewing I received error message f200000 and the Now TV app failed to work.

I then had an hours online chat with a polite assistant who was unable to resolve the issue. I then asked him to make sure that my account was closed and no further charges would apply. 

Next day 9th June I receive a message- 

Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I understand your concern that you're not able to watch NOW TV Content.

I would not like a precious customer like you to face such a hassle as this is not the way we make a impression on our valuable customers.

I know how annoying this can be be, worry not we will definitely get this sorted for you.

So lets see what happens next. So far its not Nowtv.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke too soon - it worked for a couple of days then stopped again which I don't understand because I've made no changes since that would affect it.

Windows store not an option atm as I'm running Win 8 (overlayed with a Win 7 interface) but I'll certainly look into that as an option if I can get it to run under my config - thanks for the info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting exactly same error code and the Lions match has started. What a ###### service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi all, f20000 usually indicates that either there was a problem installing Cisco VideoGuard, or that the monitoring process is not running.

Here's a few things to check:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program and check that Cisco VideoGuard Player exists in the list (It should be version 7.3.X)

2) Open task manager, and check that the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor process is running

3) Still in task manager, click on the start-up tab and check that CiscoVideoGuardMonitor is enabled at startup.

Any information you could provide regarding these would be great

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nick 

Thanks for the trouble shoot options.

I just checked, I do not have Cisco Videoguard installed.

Is there a way to download this from NOW TV? Does it come as part of the package?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
I have version 7.3.0.62003
I need 7.3.0.X ?
Thanks,
Richard
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I think I may  have narrowed the issue down at least a bit (sorry for the late response).

It certainly appears to be an issue with Cisco VideoGuard, it runs on startup and continually runs in the background (despite the app being closed*) so for a quick fix I close the Cisco Videoguard via task manager and restart it manually by navigating to c:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Cisco\VideoGuardPlayer\VideoGuardMonitor and double click on CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe

Then relaunch the NowTV app and it works. You can make it easier via a batch file to sort of automate it (if anyone wants one I can write one for the player - I think!)

Possible problem IMO

*Cisco VideoGuard provides the DRM protection for not just NowTV but other streaming apps and is essential to run NowTV however if it keeps running in the background after closing NowTV it appears to timeout?? or certainly something the stops the DRM authentication?? if NowTV is relaunched without restarting the Cisco app.

IMO a simple fix would be to patch the NowTV app to close and then restart the Cisco app/process when it is opened.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.
I used to use NowTv on windows 7 + Firefox 51 + silverlight.
Came back today and bought a month movie pass .
Forced to use new Player software.

I've tried to contact you by using the form option but that is not working and suggested i use the chat function, which surprise surprise does not work at the minute either.

This was the message i attempted to send:

I would like a refund of £9.99.
New software does not work.

Windows 7. Firefox v.51.
Now tv online via NOWTV player (downloaded).
F20000 error continuously seen after f20002 error.

I have attempted all fixes your company suggests as well as all suggestions withing the community forum.

I was previously a satisfied customer of NowTv using Silverlight and Firefox but your software for the TVPlayer does not work.

Please refund the £9.99 in full.

A little bit of further info i can give here, is that as soon as the Player initiates, the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe process ends.
Neither seem to be able to run concurrently.

A very frustrated customer now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.
I used to use NowTv on windows 7 + Firefox 51 + silverlight.
Came back today and bought a month movie pass .
Forced to use new Player software.

I've tried to contact you by using the form option but that is not working and suggested i use the chat function, which surprise surprise does not work at the minute either.

This was the message i attempted to send:

I would like a refund of £9.99.
New software does not work.

Windows 7. Firefox v.51.
Now tv online via NOWTV player (downloaded).
F20000 error continuously seen after f20002 error.

I have attempted all fixes your company suggests as well as all suggestions withing the community forum.

I was previously a satisfied customer of NowTv using Silverlight and Firefox but your software for the TVPlayer does not work.

Please refund the £9.99 in full.

A little bit of further info i can give here, is that as soon as the Player initiates, the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe process ends.
Neither seem to be able to run concurrently.

A very frustrated customer now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

apologies, i've started a new thread for windows 7 specifically

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I did start a new thread, but it has been deleted and/ or merged back into this thread!