cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone who works for NOW actually read this forum?

I had an auto-email today saying my post on here had been replied to, and could I say if it was helpful?

The fact that the reply was well over a week ago, and by me, didn't seem relevant.

Of course, the email address from which this info originated can't be replied to. At the risk of littering this forum with increasingly frustrated posts, the mail that just bounced back is below. So on the off-chance a NOW employee 1. reads it, and 2. gives a monkey's (doubtful on bouth counts, I know) I'd be obliged ...

No, thanks for asking, no one solved my problem. The reply you’re referring to, over a week late and automatically, was actually mine, and so was the second one.

And no one replied to my queries in other similar threads either.

I don’t know if this is a no-reply address or whether anyone’s there, but if you read any of my forum posts you’ll see that, like many others, I’m completely fed up with NOW and can no longer use it, despite forking out plenty of monthly money for sport, TV and films.

Your online chat facility was frankly hopeless, I’ve been exchanging emails with IT support for ages, but it’s all gone quiet since they said they’d refer my problem to ‘second line support’.

It’s been weeks since NOW worked for me, yet I’m still paying out in the fading hope that someone, somewhere in the entire set-up actually knows or cares that you’re losing customers fast because both the product and the support are beyond awful.

I’m sorry, but you did ask.

12 REPLIES 12
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User yes the Now team do read this. Unfortunately your last post I can see has been added to an existing thread. So replies and comments may not be directly to you. I don't know if it was moved or you put it there.  Would you be able to clarify your exact problem, what you have tried to rectify.  In the meantime I will tag @Simon-J one of the forum managers for you.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, and yes, I've noticed over the weeks the odd post being shunted into larger, existing threads.

All my posts since early March are about more or less the same thing; I've reiterated it many times, but here goes:

Initially resorted to Pale Moon browser as it was the only which would stream. Once that also failed to work, I was left with a choice between: 

• IE / Silverlight (dead black box on clicking Play Now, no luck with re-installing, configuring, anything); and

• all other browsers which, on clicking Play Now, open dozens of empty tabs simultaneously, literally 40 or 50 within seconds; and
  • the NOW player, which has yet to manage to play anything.

iPlayer, All 4, Prime, Netflix: everything else works well. I've got fibre optic broadband, and a Windows 7 laptop which runs fine.

I pay for Sport, Films and TV through NOW and can't access a thing. Email and online chat help have, with all due respect, been hopeless. No one on the forum has ever replied to, or helped with, any query, so if you or @Simon-J can help out it would be most welcome, because cancelling my direct debits is the only option left, given how mjuch I'm paying for four-fifths of nothing.

Thanks.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User silly question but do you have a TV? Or just a laptop?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have a TV, yes, but for complicated / dull reasons (and a two-centre life) I rely on NOW working on the laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268

@Simon-J

Anyone at all?

Another month, another slab of direct debits for services which don't work, about which the 'provider' has no opinion, solution or explanation (common theme on this board, by the looks).

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F I am guessing @Simon-J must be on holiday can you help
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Can you please let me know what version of Windows you are using for NOW TV?

Are you able to let me know what specific browsers you have tried that open the large amount of tabs ?

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Windows 7, thanks.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies on your browser for me please @Anonymous User? 

And are you able to try playing NOW TV through firefox? 

Thanks,

Karl