cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone who works for NOW actually read this forum?

I had an auto-email today saying my post on here had been replied to, and could I say if it was helpful?

The fact that the reply was well over a week ago, and by me, didn't seem relevant.

Of course, the email address from which this info originated can't be replied to. At the risk of littering this forum with increasingly frustrated posts, the mail that just bounced back is below. So on the off-chance a NOW employee 1. reads it, and 2. gives a monkey's (doubtful on bouth counts, I know) I'd be obliged ...

No, thanks for asking, no one solved my problem. The reply you’re referring to, over a week late and automatically, was actually mine, and so was the second one.

And no one replied to my queries in other similar threads either.

I don’t know if this is a no-reply address or whether anyone’s there, but if you read any of my forum posts you’ll see that, like many others, I’m completely fed up with NOW and can no longer use it, despite forking out plenty of monthly money for sport, TV and films.

Your online chat facility was frankly hopeless, I’ve been exchanging emails with IT support for ages, but it’s all gone quiet since they said they’d refer my problem to ‘second line support’.

It’s been weeks since NOW worked for me, yet I’m still paying out in the fading hope that someone, somewhere in the entire set-up actually knows or cares that you’re losing customers fast because both the product and the support are beyond awful.

I’m sorry, but you did ask.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Karl,

Believe me, that's one of the first things I did, weeks ago. I've just done
it again, however, and not only did the browser open multiple tabs, it kept
doing it over and over, even when I'd closed FFox, so much so that I had to
go in to Task Manager to hit 'end process' multiple times to stop it
repeatedly doing it.

Same happens in Pale Moon and IE.

Jez.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Jez,

We're looking into why this is happening for you. It's not something we've seen reported before. If we get stuck, I'll be in touch to find out some more about your circumstances so we can reproduce the issue and provide a fix.

Just to answer your first question, we here at NOW TV do indeed check the forums. More often than not it will be one of the community managers who reply, but there's a few of us developers who actually work on the desktop application that step in every now and then, especially when we're trying to find out more about an issue 🙂

Hopefully you can appreciate the work we do, and if we're not checking the forums, we're working hard to improve the NOW TV desktop experience.

Cheers,

Nico

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is going to sound personal, but isn't.

You only need a cursory look at the forum to see the problem: NOW TV is at best a flawed, and at worst an utterly unfit product. The fact a more or less well-meaning individual occasionally shows their virtual face makes no difference to the plain fact of its unusability.

I've been back and forth for months, using the online chat, email, this place, to try and get a solution. The replies are either non-existent or at a level so basic that even IT dullards like me have long since tried them.

No idea how high up this cunning plan to alienate so many users was hatched, but clearly, if the aim was to prompt people to ditch NOW in droves, it's a roaring success.

Someone on a different thread (they do all blur into one, rather) called it pathetic.

They were spot on.

Another ex-NOW subscriber, logging out.