cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirchinny
Scholar

Device limit reached when my devices are all the same???

Hi, suddenly saying Device Limit reached when I have not connected to any new devices.

The only thing I can think of is the massive Windows Update yesterday that could have caused this.

Please help, as this is very, very frustrating.

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sirchinny

It's possible the update has caused the system to treat your PC as a new device. Pop onto live chat and explain the situation and they should be able to help you out as a courtesy. There is an issue with live chat not working at the moment, so if it's not available when you try,  use the option to Send an Email or try again later.

To get there go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button (or Email option if the Live Chat button isn't available).

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

sirchinny
Scholar

Thanks for the reply.

Yes this happened before when I went from Win 8 to Win 10, so that must be it.

Live chat still unavailable. Thanks very much mate..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same as happened to me Windows 10 updated and now NOWTV thinks its a different computer

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing that you have spoken to nowtv live chat to get your computer device slot reset if you have reached your maximum device limit ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No not at all, it just means I get to watch on the big tv via the playstation 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this has ahppened to me today also,

says device limit reached but i only use two devices. now have two PC's listed and apple tv. cant add another yet either

nick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NickTheChipp

If that's the case, jump over to live chat and explain to them what's happening and you have only used three device slots (Assuming you are not using your internet browser to watch nowtv and also have the nowtv app using the same PC which counts has two device slots).

Hopefully live chat will reset or free up a device slot on your behalf.

Click on link for live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, We provide one change every calender month.

Could you please check if there is a change addded to the account for this month? You can see this under My Account->Manage Devices.

Thanks.