cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continuous Loading - No Error Message

Hi There,

I recently had a few problems with a virus on Firefox, so I had to reset the browser.  Following this I have been unable to watch anything on NOW TV via my PC.

Any suggestions about what I need to do to get it playing?  I did check and I have the current version of Silverlight.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that this is happening.

If you refresh the browser while trying to watch something, does it come up with something on your URL? If yes, then it should be pop-up blocker that you need to enable or allow to continue on watching. Also please make sure your Firefox is updated.

By any chance have you tried any other browsers?

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that this is happening.

If you refresh the browser while trying to watch something, does it come up with something on your URL? If yes, then it should be pop-up blocker that you need to enable or allow to continue on watching. Also please make sure your Firefox is updated.

By any chance have you tried any other browsers?

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now TV Team

I've got the same problem. 

I'm using Safari and I've unselected 'Block Pop-up Windows' but I've still got the continous loading screen. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The NOW TV team are currently suggesting Mac users use Firefox to watch on, not Safari, although this post by another forum member might be worth looking at

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks a lot, that's got it sorted.

Andy
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having an issue with continuous loading 

I'm using a Windows 8.1 mchine & I've had the same problem occur on Chrome & Firefox 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear you've had issues trying to view NOW TV.Have you seen/tried the post above from Birgit?

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you're using Google Chrome it's worth noting that as of Google Chrome version 40 Google no longer automatically supports the Silverlight plug-in and you have to start it manually each time you want to use it. Google Chrome or update automatically in the background so you likely already have version 40.

Because of the above I would recommend that you use Firefox from now on. The one thing you need to make sure of when using Firefox is that the Silverlight plug-in is allowed to run. As Firefox In most cases does not allow plug-ins run by default.

To set the Silverlight plug-in to always run in Firefox click the options menu on the top right of the screen select add-ons then select plug-ins from the left hand side of the screen. There are you should find Silverlight in the plug-ins list. Make sure it is set to always activate/run.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

Also read the replies from @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User above

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried the silverlight suggestions but my now tv is still just forever loading, it was working fine a few days ago, now i cant watch anyhing, really annoying, wasting my money on services i cant see,   i am using windows 8,  google chrome browser i need ths fixed or im cancelling, 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Have a look at the following help page to see if it helps

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Continuous-loading

Are you using Windows 8.1? You might want to give the NOW TV app in the Windows Store a try.