cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't wach through HDMI

I have been watching on my PS4 with no problems, I then go see my family for the holidays and take my laptop, so we can watch Now Tv together, I download the app, use the web browser and nothing. I can not watch Now Tv on my TV using a HDMI from my laptop, however, I can watch just using my laptop (no HDMI)

I have looked at the forums and nothing has helped, it makes no sense that this should happen. I am hoping there is a fix to this as the online browser AND the app do not work with the HDMI cable attached through laptop.

HP Pavilion

Windows 10

32bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could always buy a chromecast and stream to tv from laptop that way would save you carrying the ps4 😂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User Hope your having a good christmas,

It is not possible to connect your laptop to a TV via HDMI to watch NowTV this is like this on purpose. The app has settings built into it to prevent extenders and 3rd party devices being used. There is no plans for this to be changed that we are aware off.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick reply.I am not happy with that at all, but guess I just have to accept it.
Looks like I will be dragging my PS4 around with me.
Thank you again.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it may be possible if the TV is effectively your monitor. I know other services which don't work with HDMI work if the TV is your monitor as opposed to sending to the TV via HDMI.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could always buy a chromecast and stream to tv from laptop that way would save you carrying the ps4 😂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was just thinking that, already looked online to see if that would work.Thanks for the reply