cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

sky sports mix

this now tv havieing sky sport mixs on here as it launch on the 24th at 12.30  on that day . thanks ?

276 REPLIES 276
Anonymous User
Not applicable

would seem a missed opportunity to use what is basically a teaser channel for the Sky sports package on a platform that has been designed to be contract free and especially with the use of one day passes on sports to dip in and out of.People may watch for a bit and declde to sign up as there will probably not be, by the write ups  enough live sports to make you only use the one channel, but would give you an idea of what to expect on Sky sports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boo! Hiss! I trust these are all on the normal sports channels.

http://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/11095/10543289/new-channel-sky-sports-mix-to-launch-on-aug...

Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers (not including NOW TV), as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports at no extra cost.

Sky Sports Mix schedule highlights:

Wednesday 24 August

12.30pm Live Sky Sports Mix launch

1.30pm Live England v Pakistan ODI

Thursday 25 August

10.30am Live European Tour Golf - Made In Denmark

Friday 26 August

10.30am Live European Tour Golf - Made In Denmark

6.30pm Live EFL Championship - Burton Albion v Derby County

Saturday 27 August

8.00am Live Rugby Championship - New Zealand v Australia

12noon Live F1® Belgian GP qualifying

7.15pm Live La Liga - Real Madrid v Celta Vigo

Sunday 28 August

12.30am Live MLS - Toronto v Montreal Impact

12.30pm Live F1® Belgian GP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its like my brother said last night,he will get Sports mix in his basic Sky package but it will not make him pay for the sports channels due to the cost per month but if there was a game or in his case a boxing match previewed he might for one event.Which is why i think it would work on the Now tv platform with day and week passes

martymix88
Advocate

For the last couple of years I have had two monthly passes for the IPL, however with no mention of this to NOW TV subscribers I am now missing many matches to Sky Sports Mix.  I feel I have been conned.  I have forwarded comments via the cancellation process(many times), but I never receive a reply, disgraceful service.  You are very quick off the mark to encourage people to sign up, it is a pity you cannot address the problems as quick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/11095/10543289/new-channel-sky-sports-mix-to-launch-on-august-24

Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers (not including NOW TV), as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports at no extra cost.

By this logic, it should be part of rhe Entertainment pass.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

By this logic, it should be part of rhe Entertainment pass.

Although that would mean sports fans would need to buy both a sports pass and an entertainment pass to get access to full coverage of some events. The best solution would be for it to be included as part of the sports pass I would have thought.

One of the advantages of NOW TV is that, unlike Sky TV subs,myou don't have to buy into the entertainment pass before you can add movies or sport, instead you can just buy into the type of content you are interested in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

Although that would mean sports fans would need to buy both a sports pass and an entertainment pass to get access to full coverage of some events.

That's what happens on Virgin and Sky.  

I suspect that if Sky Sports Mix becomes part of the Sports pass on Now TV then they would have to do likewise there.  And they probably won't want to because that isn't the point of the channel.  The point of it is to get those like me who have the most basic TV package to upgrade to the level where they get Sky Sports Mix.   Or to get those who have a fair amount of TV to fork out more for sports on top of entertainment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:
One of the advantages of NOW TV is that, unlike Sky TV subs,myou don't have to buy into the entertainment pass before you can add movies or sport, instead you can just buy into the type of content you are interested in.

Don't know about Sky, but on Virgin you can get Sports and/or Movies on top of the most basic pack (which is essentially Freeview lite).   

As for just buying into the content you are intetested in, that is never true.  I only want Fox (well just Walking Dead really when it isn't abruptly terminated) and Sky Atlantic from the entertainment pass , but I still get the other channels.   I could do without the Forumla 1 channel as well, but I get that when I get a sports pass.  

I wish I could get Eurosport on Virgin without getting 100s of other channels, but that isn't possible, so don't see why those with an entertainment pass shouldn't have one sports channel. In fact I would quite like one sports channel I didn't have to pay extra for unlike Eurosport, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Premier Sports...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User No, Sky TV subscribers can't get movies or sports without first paying for one of the entertainment packages.

@Anonymous User wrote:
In fact I would quite like one sports channel I didn't have to pay extra for unlike Eurosport, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Premier Sports...

It's still horses for courses, for courses, it would only be free for you because you already have an ents pass, for someone who only has a sports pass it would be extra. 

I'm not a sports fan so we are going to disagree about where SSM should go.

However I completely agree with you on the range of channels in a pass. I've said the same thing on the forum often enough when people moan about Viceland or some other channel, at the end of the day I use the Ent pass for Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Fox and I don't begrudge other channels being there for other people to enjoy. I either decide the channels I'm interested in are worth paying the price they are asking or I don't and act accordingly. Everybody would like subscription services to provide just what they want and nothing else, but nobody ought to expect it.

I'm not interested in SSM either. But I'm happy to chip in and show my support simply because I thought the original intention of the channel was to showcase some of the sport that was on the premium channels (simulcasting) and include other more niche sports (netball etc) that wouldn't be a big enough draw for premium channels. In other words nobody subscribing to the premium channels would be worse off because of it.

However they now seem to have changed their stance to showing key games/parts of sporting events exclusively on the SSM which is fine for Sky TV subscribers with access to both (and understandable from Sky TV's perspective of promoting the premium sports channels to Sky TV subscribers) but has the knock on effect for NOW TV sports pass users of depriving them of key games/events because they only get access to the premium channels, they are now in effect worse off than they were previously.

I'm happy to give Sky the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to negatively impact NOW TV users in that way, but the end result still feels a bit like sticking two fingers up to them. Particularly as I imagine a key customer base that NOW TV taps into are those people who can't afford or justify full Sky TV packages but can afford individual NOW TV passes on a month by month basis.

Anyway like I said I'm not a sports fan and not someone who is interested in watching SSM, but that doesn't stop me agreeing that the current situation is unfair and ought to be changed. Hopefully it will.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

I'm not interested in SSM either. But I'm happy to chip in and show my support simply because I thought the original intention of the channel was to showcase some of the sport that was on the premium channels (simulcasting) and include other more niche sports (netball etc) that wouldn't be a big enough draw for premium channels. In other words nobody subscribing to the premium channels would be worse off because of it.

This was what I thought Sky Sports Mix was going to be all about too. So even though I'm not a sports fan, I'm also disappointed for you guys 😉