cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

sky sports mix

this now tv havieing sky sport mixs on here as it launch on the 24th at 12.30  on that day . thanks ?

276 REPLIES 276
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having missed two Rugby League Magic Weekend games this weekend, I have this morning made a complaint to Now TV about their lack of Mix and the misleading advertising.    

I've also reported the matter to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice and asked them to investigate.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bal78, I hope they gave you a refund?!

I also think that Argos and Currys should be investigated too. Their details are wrong and misleading. They both clearly state you get access to all Sky Sports channels​. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree, plus i would like to suggest that we are renamed to 'sensible subscribers' as we shouldnt be punished for being responsible enough to not overcommit to lengthly contracts, instead paying when we are able (not on credit).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Totally agree, plus i would like to suggest that we are renamed to 'sensible subscribers' as we shouldnt be punished for being responsible enough to not overcommit to lengthly contracts, instead paying when we are able (not on credit).

Arguably some of us are the "extravagant customers" paying £7 for 24 hours which equates to over £200/month if we were daft enough to use one every day.

Not sure how many sports passes I use in a typical month.  Probably 3 (a mix of weekly and daily).  Never quite got to the point where a monthly pass would work out better with FA Cup and Champions League/Europa League being on BT Sport.  

I was looking at SFR for my vacation in France this summer and they charge just €10/month and you get the Saturday 3pm games to boot.  An annual pass is less than €60.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is how Argos discribe the Now TV box with a sports pass

Watch Sky Sports live with the Sky Sports Month Pass included with your NOW TV Box. With 7 Sky Sports channels to watch you'll never miss a race, game or match. This little box is super simple to set up and gives you the best of catch up TV including BBC iPlayer, The ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5. All with no contract.

This needs to be updated! As you will miss many matches!!!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and this is what Currys say:

Watch the biggest matches on your NOW TV box with the one-week NOW TV Sky Sports Pass. With access to all of the Sky Sports channels, you won't miss the big races, your team's match or the golf tour.

With this sports package, you can enjoy some of the biggest matches and live events, streamed straight to your television. You'll be able to enjoy access to all of the Sky Sports channels, so no matter what your favourite sport is, you'll be able to get straight to the action. This pass provides you with a week of access to these sports channels.

If you would like access to more entertainment and movies, these can be added to your package (sold separately).

With so many channels to enjoy, you'll be able to keep up with all the scores with the one week NOW TV Sky Sports Pass.

Surely this is false advertising!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As with all promotional content @Anonymous User, there will be some associated small print...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"access to all" is in the BIG print - so very misleading and incorrect!

I have looked at all the small print I can find online - there is no mention of not getting access to Sky Sports Mix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So my wife thinks I have a disease as I cannot let this go.

But here an update:

1. Sky and Eddie-M still cannot confirm why the Madrid ATP final was moved from Sky Sports 3 to Sky Sport Mix (14th May)
  2. I emailed Argos and Currys to advise they were incorrectly marketing Now TV’s sport pass. Argos ignored me. Currys replied and said they would investigate. Both websites have not changed their details
  3. Wed 31 May (per a TV mag) - Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 have not one live event. That is 120 hours of documentaries/repeats.  But there is live sport on – yep, you guessed it on Sky Sport Mix. Ok, it is only Netball which probably has a small following, but if I was a fan of Netball and had a sports pass – I would be peeved!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So my wife thinks I have a disease as I cannot let this go.

It's OK I understand.  I am still waiting for a proper apology (and refund)  for The Walking Dead being removed with zero notice.