cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

sky sports mix

this now tv havieing sky sport mixs on here as it launch on the 24th at 12.30  on that day . thanks ?

276 REPLIES 276
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know Virgin have it even if you don't have Sports. Be warned that Talk Talk won't supply sports or other TV unless your line speed is over a certain consistent speed. Best to do a speed test first.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have about 20 - 23 Meg line speed so should be no problem.

I will also be able to record the morning rugby games to watch later which will also be a bonus.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User I know Virgin have it even if you don't have Sports. 

Only if you have something more than the basic player TV package.  Like Now TV you can pay for Sports and not have Mix...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's always a good idea to refer to Sky's official 7-day TV guide. Which can be found here: http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide/#/onnow

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

So after speaking with our content team this is what they had to say > The Sky content schedulers try to ensure that programmes aired on Sky Sports Mix are shown, at the same time, on one of the paid channels. However, there is the odd occasion when a programme appears on Sky Sports Mix and not on a paid channel. This happens because of scheduling congestion - there being more programmes than time available to show them. We've been in contact with the Programme Scheduler for Sky Sports to let him know the issues this is causing for us. We've asked if he could ensure, if at all possible, any programme on Sky Sports Mix is also on a paid channel.

They have also asked the question on whether there is plans for the mix channel to come to Now Tv once i hear back i'll let you know.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well done for chasing this up and getting a response @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re Eddie-M 

"...However, there is the odd occasion when a programme appears on Sky Sports Mix and not on a paid channel. This happens because of scheduling congestion...."

Eddie, while your efforts are appreciated, the response you received is nothing more than a 'please go away and stop bothering us', because the scheduling congestion they are referring to is usually repeats of sometimes very old programmes which do not need to be shown. A live event should take precendence.

And it isnt 'the odd occasion' at all ! it is very frequent indeed.

I hope there is more you can do, but i fear you are up against Sky corporate and will lose, as will NOW TV lose customers. The Sports Passes are as useful as a jigsaw with pieces missing.

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mikeysteam wrote: "I hope there is more you can do, but i fear you are up against Sky corporate and will lose, as will NOW TV lose customers. The Sports Passes are as useful as a jigsaw with pieces missing."

Great point and......... 

Anyone who is watching the Rome Masters ATP - tonight at 7pm (Thurs 18 May) - the night matches are on SKY SPORTS MIX. So as usual, you will miss part of the tournament!

I am so pleased I did not buy another pass – I would have killed myself!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anyone who is watching the Rome Masters ATP - tonight at 7pm (Thurs 18 May) - the night matches are on SKY SPORTS MIX. So as usual, you will miss part of the tournament!

I am so pleased I did not buy another pass – I would have killed myself!

Seems a bit extreme...

... but would mean one less complaint 😮

I miss quite a lot of the tournaments anyway as I can't watch all the courts (oh and work).  To be fair it is on from 11am - 7pm which is a hell of a lot of tennis to watch and they do run a bit over into the other programming and will swap to other channels to finish off games.  However I'm not really sure why Darts is on from 7pm.  

If they hadn't rebranded SS4 as a golf channel, they could show another couple of hours there instead of  equestrian hour and a review of a 1991 golf tournament!  To be honest if last night's inaction is anything to go by they could scrap the Premier League football.  

I guess tennis is a bit down the pecking order of sports on Sky.  Great to fill the midweek daytime but a bit inconvienient in the evenings and weekends.  Still the final is currently on SS3 on Sunday, so could be worth a day pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadal will be playing in the last 16 round, but they show darts!? Oh dear.  

Just add Mix to Now TV and everyone wins.  It is not difficult.