cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

sky sports mix

this now tv havieing sky sport mixs on here as it launch on the 24th at 12.30  on that day . thanks ?

276 REPLIES 276
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is now another new Sky Sports channel "The Players" which alongside "Sky Sports Mix" has been started to take out exclusive games (the finals of the IPL cricket, live European Tour Golf) so that they are not available to NOWTV Sky Sports subscribers.

Sky Sports Pass on NOW TV is a con.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If Ian771 has had his money refunded I am certainly going for it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please do. It was easy. Just say it was scheduled in your TV Mag. It was in mine, so you have a good case.

Good luck

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi ,just noticed top 14 rugby quarter final,is only on sky sports mix,i am really starting to consider cancelling my subsciption to now tv if sky keep putting top sports on mix,especially when you see the crap on the other channels at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also could not understand why I could not get the Madrid tennis semi and final since it was advertised to be on Sky sports 3.  I complained via Now tv live chat and got a refund for my week pass which was purchased to watch the tennis.  They did not seem to know (or tell me) that the tennis was on  a channel called sports mix which is unavailable on Now tv. Getting a refund was not a satisfactory solution since we wanted to see the tennis.  I had thought that Now tv was a good way of getting to see some sports events, however, if this happens again it could spell the end of Now tv, for me at least. This needs to be sorted out with Sky who I believe own Now tv. Why would they want to sabotage their own company?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

JRob: “I also could not understand why I could not get the Madrid tennis semi and final since it was advertised to be on Sky sports 3. I complained via Now tv live chat and got a refund for my week pass which was purchased to watch the tennis. They did not seem to know (or tell me) that the tennis was on a channel called sports mix which is unavailable on Now tv. Getting a refund was not a satisfactory solution since we wanted to see the tennis. I had thought that Now tv was a good way of getting to see some sports events, however, if this happens again it could spell the end of Now tv, for me at least. This needs to be sorted out with Sky who I believe own Now tv. Why would they want to sabotage their own company?”

Totally agree. We watched most of the matches from Monday to Saturday (Sky Sports 1-5) then then Sunday – NOTHING? That was a waste of 50 hours and now seeing the match report – it was a good final. NOT HAPPY! Getting the refund was a moral victory, but the whole experience has left a sour taste.

I sent two messages to Sky via email and their website few days ago asking:

1. Why was the final rescheduled from Sky Sports 3 to Mix
  2. How can they justify that people who pay for a Sky Sports Pass via their company (Now TV) – don’t have access to all Sky Sport channels, but people on cheap Sky, who probably don’t want sport – get access to Sky Sport Mix. There is no commercial logic!

Still no reply. Hopefully Eddie-M will have better luck getting some answers.

So to get our ATP fix, we are taking our business to Eurosports Player. Got a chromecast device, so can watch on our TV too. Their annual deals are cheap. Can watch every court (up to 12+ streams and most with no adverts) for the Australian Open, French Open and US Open and they have many ATP 250 events too. With the added bonus of not having to listen to Mark Petchey talk nonstop.

We were going to buy another pass for the Rome Masters – but I don’t trust their schedule if they can change it in 24 hours and move things to Mix.

Bye Now TV and bye Sky. It was fun while it lasted!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

• How can they justify that people who pay for a Sky Sports Pass via their company (Now TV) – don’t have access to all Sky Sport channels, but people on cheap Sky, who probably don’t want sport – get access to Sky Sport Mix. There is no commercial logic!

It forces those on Freesat or Virgin Player TV to upgrade and pay for it.  So some commercial logic.  That written and by the same logic, Sky Sports Six (sic) should be included in the Entertainment pass, but if that happens there would be moans and groans from those who don't want sport bundled into their entertainment pass...

... and also because there is a lot of sport simulcast on Six (sic) and the other sports channels there is a likelihoood of people not buying passes.  This weekend I could have watched the only two events I would have been interested in on Sky Sports Six (sic) without buying a pass (namely Palace game and tennis).  The former was simulcast so I did see it prior to my pass expiring at 2.30pm.  There have been a few Premier League games simulcast, so in order to keep up the sports pass sales it may make some  sense to not have in included in Entertainment.  But then again you have to have entertainment for at least a month a £7/month...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So here is an update.

The two basic questions:

1. Why was the final (Rome Masters ATP) rescheduled from Sky Sports 3 to Mix?
  2. How can they justify that people who pay for a Sky Sports Pass via their company (Now TV) – don’t have access to all Sky Sport channels, but people on cheap Sky, who probably don’t want sport – get access to Sky Sport Mix?

4 days ago, I sent two messages to Sky (email / website), one message to Now TV (website). Asking those question – still no response!

Eddie-M (Now TV) on this forum has still not found the answers.

Today, I completed my review of my week pass (that automated email you get after your pass expires) – but I doubt I will hear back from them.

Wow – that is some customer service they have! (In July I was thinking about moving my broadband/phone from TalkTalk to Sky. No way now!)

I guess “vc13” is right. The accountants at Sky have calculated they can attract more customers via Freesat/Cheap Sky etc. with Sky Sports Mix than the number of customers they lose via Now TV’s frustrated customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still waiting to hear back @Anonymous User i have messaged the teams today again also and heard nothing yet. Once i do i'll let you know.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is there anyway we can get a request for Sky Sports Mix to be added to the NOW TV Sports Pass (which I think is probably the best compromise rather than including it with the Entertainment Pass) added to the forum's Ideas Board. I thought it would be there already but it appears not. 

This way at least there's a way for understandably disappointed fans to demonstrate a demand for the channel and maybe prompt some movement on this issue.