cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pricing of sports

Can somebody explain to me if I want to watch F1 through now tv and I take out the monthly offer so that I can see the practises and the whole shebang it will cost me about £33.00 a month Sky have just made me an offer I can the complete sky sports package for a year for £18.00 a month which gives me all the F!

Come on Now tv get your act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
BicBasher
Elite

Depends if you watch anything on Sky Sports Mix which NOW TV doesn't have. 

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

johnbhoy1967 wrote:

Is it worth the money? I watch a lot of football and boxing.

Would be worth getting a month at the moment as you would get a pile of football internationals in next couple of days and the boxing below.  Of course if you are a new subscriber it is half price, so that is really worth it. http://www.nowtv.com/offers

SAT 25TH MARCH
Jorge Linares v Anthony Crolla : WBA Lightweight Title
Martin J Ward v Maxi Hughes : British Super-Featherweight Title
Brian Rose v Jack Arnfield : 10 rounds Middleweight
Marcus Morrison v Jason Welborn : 10 rounds Middleweight
Manchester Arena , Sky Sports 1 HD (19:00)

SAT 15TH APRIL
Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo : WBA & IBF Super-Lightweight Titles
Charlie Edwards v Iain Butcher : British Super-Flyweight Title
Scotty Cardle v Ronnie Clark : British Lightweight Title
Charlie Flynn v Ryan Collins : Celtic Lightweight Title
The SSE Hydro, Glasgow , Sky Sports 2 HD (19:30)

SAT 22ND APRIL
Martin Murray v Gabriel Rosado : 12 Rounds Middleweight
Echo Arena Liverpool , Sky Sports 2 HD (20:00)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm about to ditch my Sky Sports & Virgin TV subscription in favour of Now TV. In terms of sport my only interest is the occasional Rugby League game and boxing. Both of which I can get day passes for. My only concern is over the standard of the Sky Box Office App for PPV Boxing as I've heard mixed reviews about its succesful delivery.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...My only concern is over the standard of the Sky Box Office App for PPV Boxing as I've heard mixed reviews about its succesful delivery.

Hi @Anonymous User,

In order to receive the most reliable NOW TV service I suggest you purchase a NOW TV 'black' box and use a wired ethernet connection 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. I've already got the black box and wired connection. I've never had any trouble with on demand TV, but never used it for live events.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like being able to buy when i need it but i think £33.99 for a streaming service that seems to lag behind the realtime action is a bit much 

for instance i have an app that gives score updates and i get these before it actually happens in the live stream why is there a delay ?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

I like being able to buy when i need it but i think £33.99 for a streaming service that seems to lag behind the realtime action is a bit much 

for instance i have an app that gives score updates and i get these before it actually happens in the live stream why is there a delay ?

All stereaming services have a delay of a minute or so (maybe longer).  They have to take the picture and turn it into a series of bits and package it to send it.  BBC iPlayer is the same, and even HD is two or three seconds behind SD which in turn was behind analogue by a couple of seconds.  If you don't want significant lag, get a dish or cable.  Alternatively just turn off the app with the score updates.   And don't have the radio on.