cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pricing of sports

Can somebody explain to me if I want to watch F1 through now tv and I take out the monthly offer so that I can see the practises and the whole shebang it will cost me about £33.00 a month Sky have just made me an offer I can the complete sky sports package for a year for £18.00 a month which gives me all the F!

Come on Now tv get your act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can somebody explain to me if I want to watch F1 through now tv and I take out the monthly offer so that I can see the practises and the whole shebang it will cost me about £33.00 a month Sky have just made me an offer I can the complete sky sports package for a year for £18.00 a month which gives me all the F!

Come on Now tv get your act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now TV often have offers on monthly subscriptions.  One I remember was £10.99 for a month. 

Also given that Formula 1 generally takes place every fortnight, weekly passes (which are often discounted) might be a good option costing £210 compared with the £162 with Sky for nine months.  Of course if you can live without the practice and watch 10 races gratis on Channel 4, then it can cost less than £70 for ten day passes (again these can be found discounted).

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I must admit I'd love to see NOW TV offer a dedicated 'Sky Sports F1' subscription. I usually get a £6.99 day pass for the Sunday race. But if you want to see the practice and qualifying sessions the week pass currently costs £10.99...

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital I have to agree with you about a dedicated F1 subscription. In fact, whenever I get one of those "how can we improve now tv" questionaries, that is exactly what I tell them. So far no joy but after next year when Channel 4 lose their rights to live F1, who knows.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

So far no joy but after next year when Channel 4 lose their rights to live F1, who knows.

Now that F1 is under new management it could go back to 'free-to-view'. Anything could happen 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have passes for a specific channel?   For instance, I'm interested in the F1 but i'm not interested in other sports. 

Is there anyway NowTV could over a pass for say an F1 weekend (practice, qualifying & race day) or a year pass for the entire season without receiving the other sports such as football, rugby, cricket etc?  £6.99 a day is expensive when you just want to watch a single race or qualifying.

It could also work for other sports that may be channel specific.

Cheers, 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you want to watch both qualifying and the race, you should consider a week pass for £10.99. That way you can also watch the Friday pracice sessions for no additional cost.

But I agree that an annual F1 only pass at a reduced cost would be a great idea.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have passes for a specific channel?   For instance, I'm interested in the F1 but i'm not interested in other sports. 

Is there anyway NowTV could over a pass for say an F1 weekend (practice, qualifying & race day) or a year pass for the entire season without receiving the other sports such as football, rugby, cricket etc?  £6.99 a day is expensive when you just want to watch a single race or qualifying.

It could also work for other sports that may be channel specific.

It would only be a good idea if it made the passes cheaper, but I doubt it would.   I have no interest in F1, so maybe they could exclude that from the day/week/month pass and make them cheaper.  Remembering when the kids channels were split out of entertainment (whose price was unchanged), there would be plenty of grumbles.

F1 is the only sport with its own channel so other sports wouldn't have this benefit   Also given the nature of the sports pass and how flexible it is on start time, I don't know how a F1 weekend pass would work.  Having a 48/72 hour pass would be a good solution, but that would mean a price level between £7 and £11 which wouldn't make a great deal of difference.

£6.99/day (though there are plenty of offers) is pretty cheap for a sport that is only on once a fortnight and shares its coverage with a FTA terrestrial broadcaster.  And you get a full 24 hours of F1.   You could watch all the grand prixs for less than £70.  Unlike football or GAA which are spilt between two subscription channels forcing people into dual subscrpition or three in my case with Sky, BT Sport and Premier Sport.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I second this suggestion and have advocated that same idea in multiple NowTV customer surveys.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thinking about getting this pass as I prefer now TV due to no commitment.
Is it worth the money? I watch a lot of football and boxing.

Thanks