cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great. What's your feedback on my post above?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I use the NOW TV app on my LG TV. I have the LG 43UH610V.

I have very high speed internet, 100MBPS - so I used to always get maximum streaming quality, 4865.

Yesterday I came home to find the user interface of the NOW TV app looked different, more blue for sure! Must be an update I thought. 

I use NowTV only for the Sports Pass, I have a month pass. So I went to watch Sky Sports News and found, after it settled on the channel, that the streaming quality was only at 2432 (or around there)

I have tried the following quick fixes:

-Restarting my TV
-Restarting my router

-Wiring the ethernet cable from my router into the back of my TV

Has anyone else been experiencing similar issues with this update?
Are there any other quick fixes I haven't tried?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lockmatt, I have just posted about this in LG TV folder

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User i am having the same issue watching on the black now tv box with very bad picture quality on both the sports and entertainment channels,the picture was perfect on sunday but since yesterday the picture quality is very bad,lets hope now tv sort this out soon as its getting annoying,it has been raised by other people on the forum to

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes i tried speaking to them on live chat but clueless

It's just a poor update

They have until mid-April to fix otherwise I will be taking my money to Sky Q!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmatt do staff from NowTV check these forums? need to make a bit of noise about this to get them to axe this new update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I’ve had the same problems. I’ve tried 2 boxes and 3 televisions and still unwatchable on the entertainment package,  seems to work fine on the free view channels 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Given that what you are seeing is not specific to LG TV owners, your topic has been moved into the forums Sports sub-section...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Coo. Do you have any info on what might have caused this? When will it be rectified?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Coo. Do you have any info on what might have caused this? When will it be rectified?

Not as yet. The NOW TV developers are constantly tweaking the service. Some tweaks work better than others!