cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah mine's all good now. Should get something for our inconvenience though as our subs ain't cheap for the sports package. 5 days of substandard quality with no explanation isn't really on is it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its still disgraceful that a company the size of sky can not explain the low stream quality that has affected so many of there customers and even there indian live chat staff wastes everyones time by going through there check list checks knowing theres a technical fault with there bandwidth. It seems now tv lacks leadeship who does not value there customer base one bit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to NowTV for F1 qualifying. Shocking user experience with constant drop outs and poor image quality. Thankfully only purchased a single day pass - won't be seeing me back again.
Miketurn
Scholar 3

The Sky Sports News app seemed to be back to HD again this morning.  Hopefully this improvement will remain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its not the HD/SD argument its the bitrate,,... the bitrate is terrible!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

there is one easy solution to all of this. Dump them. When they realise the revenue being lost only then will they sit up and take notice. Either do it or settle for crap. Ive done it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmatt wrote:

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the same problems  with poor picture quality when ever I watch a film it's starts ok then it's really bad so am thinking of getting rid of now tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really poor for me tonight. Watching Arsenal v City on Premier League channel and the quality was going from its usual clear and stable picture to something resembling a very poor illegal internet stream. Switched over to Main Event which was fine for a while but now its also behaving just like the PL channel. Let's hope this isn't going to be the way forward for live streaming from NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are Now TV allowed to get away with selling garbage like this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It may or may not be coincidence but for the 2nd half I used an ethernet cable instead of wifi and had no issues whatsoever.