cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Forum note: Various posts have been moved and merged in order to reduce duplication and maintain consistency...

lockmatt
Expert 2

so it looks like we have some progress on this issue,the sky sports f1 channel is now back to the picture quality it should be,lets hope things are finally getting sorted,also it looks like sky sports 4 and 5 are also ok as well

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The quality on the Sky Sports News app is still quite bad for me (on black NowTv box).  I was tempted to get the half price month pass but don't want to pay for blurry content!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1,2 3 and SSN still poor for me. 4 and 5 are the only two channels that are back to normal.

My subscription runs out tomorrow. I won't be back until this is sorted. I'm not a fan of ******* money against a wall.

N8te
Mentor

Same problem here too, terrible picture quality on the sports channels. I only bought a month pass today for the F1 as I was offered the month for £16.99, at this quality its not even worth that though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just came on here to report the exact same experience. I bought the half-price sports pass to watch the Australian and Chinese GPs that are not on Channel 4 and was astonished to find that the F1 stream on my Roku box is not in HD, while the entertainment channels and Sky 1 are. I would not consider paying full price for less than HD quality.

N8te
Mentor

Just watching sky sports F1 now, the quality seems to have improved and is now streaming at 4865. I tried sky sports 1 just out of interest and the quality on there is still awful.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to be fixed now. I was watching F1 Practice 1 and it was very poor quality. Decided to watch using the app on my mac and it was clearer. Now watching Practice 2 and its back in HD quality. Hope its working for everyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This thread is now 7 pages long.. come on NOW TV..

Can your customers have an update on this? An acknowledgement of the issue? This seems to have been going on for a week now on all sports channels.

I would say that a free week pass to all current subscribers is the least you should do in this case. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the PS4 app the Sky Sports F1 channel is back to normal, and i think SS4 is also good, but the rest are still poor, at least they appear to be solving the issue now.