cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

poor picture quality on all sports and entertainment channels

have just turned my box on for the first time since late yesterday evening and the picture quality is really bad.the picture on all channels are all blurry,there has definately been a drop in the picture quality from when i last watched on sunday evening which was perfect,i am using the black now tv box on a wired connection,anyone else have this issue?

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree. Is there a technical issue ? All channel streams are poor quality and I am on fibre to the house. Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same issue. On 50mb/s fibre with ethernet cable. Tried two different NOW TV boxes and still have poor picture quality.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User the picture quality on all channels continues to be of a poor quality which started yesterday and now i have this little white box on lhs of screen on all channels,the picture quality was great on sunday now it is really bad,does this continue to happen for you guys,anyone from now tv taking any notice of this?? is there some sort of technical issue ongoing?? t

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys, just spent nearly 90 minutes on Live Chat with Now TV. We went through all the tests imaginable. I have three boxes, one smart and two black. I also tested the Xbox One and PC apps, all have Standard Definition and not 720p. We also adjusted the picture display from 1080p to 720p on the box, and did a reset on the button on the back of the box.

I did a speed test for the internet connection for both wired and wifi, and it is well above 50mbps. Still, Now TV said they were detecting internet speeds below 0.275mbps which is bizarre so maybe there is an issue detecting internet speeds on their end which is reducing picture quality needlessly. They have escalated the issue to a higher level technical support team so will update you when I hear back via email

Anonymous User
Not applicable
In relation to the poor picture quality topic posted below - anyone from now tv gonna assist here.

I am on fibre into the house getting over 80mb/s. My LG tv shows me stream quality usually around 3650 whatever that is. The last day or so this is not getting over 1000 resulting in poor clarity and blurred text. Can this be investigated please and updated by Now TV as this is not my network and I'm not on my own with this. Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User lets hope it gets sorted soon as its getting annoying now,this still continues to be a problem on both the sports and entertainment channels,the picture quality was perfect on sunday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, agree and I'm getting tired of no response from Now TV support.

Ian
lockmatt
Expert 2

so we now get to wednesday and this problem still continues,i see members of the now tv team commenting on other subjects regarding now tv but NO ONE from the now tv team has bothered to make any comment regarding this problem that is affecting many people,so any chance we can have an update on whats going on and when it will be fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also getting poor streaming quality of '1064'. It's usually '4865'. Everything is blurred.