cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv app keeps going blurry

why does my NOW TV app on my imac keep going blurry while im watching Liverpool v Man Utd? 

becoming a PITA, not what i paid £6.99 to see!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From a post on here in March:

‘Since the launch of the Macbook air Apple have used intel quicksync video to handle the decode of HD video. Flash and silverlight make use of this, however the Now TV app doesn't. What this means is that you are using your CPU to do a software decode which is why the performance is terrible, your fans are probably at full spin and your battery drain in a few hours.

As a note to Now TV please upgrade the app to support hareware acceleration, as the current app is going to be unsuable for most people.’

This keeps on happening and I’m at my wit’s end. How can this be acceptable to customers? I want my £6.99 back as this is probably the fifth or sixth time this has happened (if not more), and I won’t be paying for any sky sports passes any longer until this is fixed. It’s a complete joke.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes, absolutley agree, especially as i cant eseem to view it without the app

Miketurn
Scholar 3

It's not just the app. My Now TV box kept going blurry and pixelating during the first half of the Liverpool v ManU match as well. Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s weird because it only happens when the match starts. The hour long build up was fine - it’s always like this. Sort it out NowTV and Sky!!! 😤
Miketurn
Scholar 3

It's never usually like that for me, but it did get better as the first half went on. The second half was fine though, and didn't seem to have any problem at all.