cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of simultaneous streams

I keep getting the error 'You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous streams on your account. To watch NOW TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices.' whilst trying to watch two Sky Sports streams on the same device. The streams will work for a while and then one will crash with that error. Is there a way to reset this as it seems that I have closed my browser before closing the stream before, and the system still thinks I'm watching on a third stream.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I think the max number of streams should be increased to 3. We are a family of 4, kids each have a Now TV box in their bedrooms an we have one in the living room. Would be nice if we could stream to all 3 devices.

Get another account.  Or another three.  Have one for movies, one for entertainment, one for kids and one for sport. Then you can watch 8 simultaneous screens.

I use a different account for sport because of this.  That way I can watch football whilst others can watch movies or TV shows. 

I have no issue with limiting the number of streams per pass, but doing it per account is restrictive.  Should be able to have two streams of movies and two streams of sport without resorting to splitting accounts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s actually a good suggestion, two streams per pass type as opposed to two per account would be way more flexible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I agree. I have two children and I regularly have this problem where they are both watching on separate devices in their bedrooms, which then prevents me from watching in the lounge, very annoying, and don’t see why I should pay for 2 accounts just for occasions where we want to have 3 separate streams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, I agree. I have two children and I regularly have this problem where they are both watching on separate devices in their bedrooms, which then prevents me from watching in the lounge, very annoying, and don’t see why I should pay for 2 accounts just for occasions where we want to have 3 separate streams.

Depends on what you kids watch.  I have sports on one account (for me and son) and cinema/entertainment on another (for wife and daughter).  Never have an issue with not being able to watch because of this. Costs exactly the same just different logins.