cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blurred picture

I watching the Liverpool game on Tuesday just gone against Chelsea then it started to buffer an picture quality went poor 1 minute then little better the next, and while watchin sky sports news done same again, anyone know why this is happening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah in that case you must have an LG TV? Unless you have a wire connecting your hub to your TV it is wireless connection.  I have similar to you (possibly different size Tv).  I have an LG TV and Virgin.  My Virgin hub is next to my TV so it makes it easier to use ethernet cables (Tesco have the for under £8),  you just plug one into the hub one end and the tv the other.  Of course if you TV is not in same room probably not an option.  To connect to Wired connection you go to settings, netwrok, netweork connection and then select wired.   If wired is not a realistic option for you,  then you can select wireless option and chose the 5ghz version of your internet.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  how are you watching Tuesday's game?  There is no catch up on Now for Sport and that game is not repeating at present.  If somehow you were able to record it then quality will be done to your own device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the Liverpool Chelsea game live, not recorded it,
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah right I thought by what you had written you were watching it now.  What device were you using?  What internet speed do you have and what is your connection type (Wired or wireless)  These can all impact the stream and cause buffering.  Even on a "fast" connection wireless traffic from your neighbours and electronic devices can impact stream quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ooh sorry, I was watchin it on smart tv, don't quote me but I think its 50mbs sorry am not into tech much its with virgin and am positive it is wireless connection, sorry don't know alot mate, I have had now tv box for a while now and the game Tuesday was the first time it had happened, so doubt it'll be because of other peoples or time of the day bein it busy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah in that case you must have an LG TV? Unless you have a wire connecting your hub to your TV it is wireless connection.  I have similar to you (possibly different size Tv).  I have an LG TV and Virgin.  My Virgin hub is next to my TV so it makes it easier to use ethernet cables (Tesco have the for under £8),  you just plug one into the hub one end and the tv the other.  Of course if you TV is not in same room probably not an option.  To connect to Wired connection you go to settings, netwrok, netweork connection and then select wired.   If wired is not a realistic option for you,  then you can select wireless option and chose the 5ghz version of your internet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a similar issue on Sunday.  Complained today and the condescending Customer Service Rep basically questioned twice why it had taken until now to complain, less than 48hrs after.

He then generated a code which basically read "NOWALL***CHE4T"  I wont show the 3 middle letters as what they abrreviate is not pleasant.  So basically the code calls me a know all and a cheat.  

Said they were generated randomly, not buying into that especially with the 3 missing middle letters, it just reads to well.

Been with NOWTV years, first complaint and treated with complete contempt.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F please investigate
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is picture blurred today?

is it extra demand ?

what a waste of day pass , it’s unwatchable