cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will BT Sport be on Now TV?

Clearly BT customers can have Now TV;  what exactly is stopping them now?  But if BT are going to supply BT Sport to Sky will it be available on Now TV as well? I hope so.

Sky and BT sign channel sharing deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364401

Sky and BT have have signed a deal to sell their channels on each other's platforms.

Under the deal, BT will now supply its sports channels - which show UEFA Champions League and Premier League football - to Sky.

In addition, BT will be able to sell Sky's Now TV service - which includes Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and the Sky Atlantic channel - to its customers.

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yep, the Sky Corporate announcement stated BT Sports will be available as an app for NOW TV box users (no mention if it will be available to NOW TV customers via other means) but not expected to start until early 3019 so any announcements about costs etc are probably a long way off yet.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-bt-agree-cross-supply-of-tv-channels

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yep, the Sky Corporate announcement stated BT Sports will be available as an app for NOW TV box users (no mention if it will be available to NOW TV customers via other means) but not expected to start until early 3019 so any announcements about costs etc are probably a long way off yet.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/sky-and-bt-agree-cross-supply-of-tv-channels

I think @Andy means 2019Smiley Wink it's a good job you gave a link to the article and the sky corporate siteSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

commanda6 wrote: I think @Andy means 2019

@commanda6 I like to factor in a bit of extra time to allow for technical difficulties! 😉 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

@Andy  - would I have to be a BT Customer?  

Under the agreement, Sky will receive wholesale supply of the BT Sport channels enabling it to offer its customers access to every single match of the Premier League, the UEFA Champions League and Europa League shown on Sky and BT channels through one simple Sky contract. This will be the first time Sky is able to provide BT Sport to its customers directly as part of a Sky bundle or on a standalone basis and across all Sky platforms including Sky Go. BT Sport will also be available as an app on NOW TV boxes.

BT customers will be able to access BT Sport on NOW TV boxes and Sky customers will be able to access BT Sport through Sky Go

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Looks like it from the wording on that press statement, but I can't confirm one way or another. As its a long way off I would expect exact details of what the agreement entails to appear over the coming year. We'll get a clearer picture of exactly how it will work then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really hoping that BT Sport comes to Now TV! They have a lot of exclusive rights to a good chunk of football broadcasts! BoxNation would be a massive welcome aswell!

download.fw.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It'll be 2019.

Current contracts etc finish at the end of this year so seeing an app like that of say Sky Sports News for BT, I don't see happeing before then.

You never know though

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

It'll be 2019.

Current contracts etc finish at the end of this year so seeing an app like that of say Sky Sports News for BT, I don't see happeing before then.

You never know though

If Amazon or Netflix enter the bidding, this could be brought forward  for the start of the next football season in August which is when many start new subscriptions.  Much will depend on the next set of bids.  Contracts are negotiable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix have all ready stated they won't be entering a bid for EPL rights from 19/22.

Amazon will do however, they've already held talks with the PL and this is why (imo) that Sky & BT have done this deal beacause if Amazon want rights they will get them. 100 billion turover a year completely blows both Sky & BT out of the water.

One thing to add is that only one provider can have a maxium of 146 or so games in this new deal so likely we'll still see games on both BT & Sky in the new deal.