cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is Sky Sports so expensive compared to the other packages ?

£7 a day ? £11 a week ? £34 a month ?

When the Entertainment Pack is only £7pm and Movies £10pm and discounts are to be had on both of these, I do not understand why the Sports is so dear ? It is not appealing at all at these prices. I thought the idea of NowTv was a cheaper version of Sky without a dish. Does anyone know ? 

12 REPLIES 12
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User My guess is because Sky/NowTV pay a lot to show the sports content. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

£7 a day ? £11 a week ? £34 a month ?

When the Entertainment Pack is only £7pm and Movies £10pm and discounts are to be had on both of these, I do not understand why the Sports is so dear ? It is not appealing at all at these prices. I thought the idea of NowTv was a cheaper version of Sky without a dish. Does anyone know ? 

They give away a lot of free sports passes. And numerous discounts.

Sports is dear because there is no competition.   Now has to sell movies and entertainment at a somewhat reasonable cost because of Netflix and Amazon Prime who they are competing with.  They have no sports competition and the football rights have to be paid for.  

To be honest,  I think £7 for 24 hours is a good deal. You don't need to have a dish nor cable installed nor pay for line rental.  Just pay £7 and watch a two or three matches on a wet weekend when you have nothing else to do.  No 30 day minimum as with Virgin. It costs £3.45 to rent a movie on Google, Amazon and the like. 

Now is not cheaper as such, just a lot easier to access and no commitment required.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've not seen any discounts on the sports. Where would i find them ? Direct with nowtv ?

Fair point on the competition. As you say, it's only sky that are showing the lions share of the games
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've not seen any discounts on the sports. Where would i find them ? Direct with nowtv ?

Currently there are no discounts for daily, weekly or monthly sports passes. And personally I've never seen any for existing customers!

And as for free day passes, they usually happen just 'once' a year...

BicBasher
Elite

You may find the occasional promotion for the sports pass when you buy a product.  Last year, they gave away passes with Gillette razors.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@BicBasher wrote:

You may find the occasional promotion for the sports pass when you buy a product.  Last year, they gave away passes with Gillette razors.

I got a code off a Gillette Razor the other day for a free pass via gillette-lions.com.  So today went all the way through to applying the code and got

Hmmm, we don't recognise that voucher.

According to sticker it should expire on 23/07/2017....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

vc13 wrot

I got a code off a Gillette Razor the other day for a free pass via gillette-lions.com.  So today went all the way through to applying the code and got

Hmmm, we don't recognise that voucher.

According to sticker it should expire on 23/07/2017....

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a different internet browser when applying the voucher code ?

I find for me that MS Edge is hit or miss and for some reason i always get more success using Firefox when applying vouchers on my PC via My Passes on the nowtv website.

Suppose last resort you could always contact live chat to see if they will apply the voucher code on your behalf (assuming you haven't got any current saved sports passes on your nowtv account).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Have you tried a different internet browser when applying the voucher code ?

I find for me that MS Edge is hit or miss and for some reason i always get more success using Firefox when applying vouchers on my PC via My Passes on the nowtv website.

Suppose last resort you could always contact live chat to see if they will apply the voucher code on your behalf (assuming you haven't got any current saved sports passes on your nowtv account).

Different browsers, different devices, every route in I could think of (having applied numerous vouchers down the years).  Date is quite clear. Called helpline on 0333 321 0010, but it closed at 5pm....

2017-07-05 (1).png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:
...And personally I've never seen any for existing customers!
And as for free day passes, they usually happen just 'once' a year...

There was  a £25/month offer for existing customers via vouchercloud.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/25-pass-for-existing-customers/m-p/392273#M6224

I think it finished on 20 August but enter PREM25E and see if it works.  You would have to use day/week passes first, which is why I can't check it.

They gave them away with Pringles and for the US open this year.  There are other promotions from time to time like Gilette, Capital One and Carling.