cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do my old devices still count when I apply a new pass?

Thought I would watch the rugby yesterday and today's football with a day pass.  Not having used Now for a long time think it was July last year for a GAA game, I found I could only add one new device.  Today I was not able to use my new NOW TV stick because I couldn't add a new device or make a change until 1 May.  My day pass will have long gone by then.  

Why do my old devices still count?  I haven't used them since July 2017.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Old devices stay on your account until you manally delete them yourself by going to My Account > Manage Devices (more info here).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

Unfortunately they don't automatically get removed if they haven't been used in a long time.

Should you have any problems in the future and you have reached your one device swap per calendar month after having four devices on your account, then you will need to jump over to live chat and explain to them the circumstances where you want a further device swap in a calendar month.

You can contact a live chat adviser from this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I manually delete them all I can't add another device in its place.    Even if it is 9 months since I last used it.  I can only add another one on 1 May.  But on 1 May the pass won't be active so I can't add another device.  Only when I reactivate will I be able to add 1 device.

Given it is a 24 hour sport pass, spending time rectifying this sort of thing with live chat when a live event is starting (especially given this was at 2.30pm when I just wanted to watch 2nd half in a different room whilst getting dinner ready) is impractical.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree the current setup is a bit clunky which pretty much sums up the Now tv system in a nutshell, why you need to be restricted to 4 devices is a bit strange when you can only watch on 2 at a time anyway doesn’t make much sense to me.