cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When does my months pass end?

Hi all..I bought a Sky Sports pass on 23d June which was on offer for a months viewing for £20. I wondered what date it will finish, as I don't want to take it out for a further month. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you refer to the 'My passes' area of your account it will tell you when your 'Sports' pass expires...

And just-so all NOW TV customers know: -

• NOW TV subscription(s) will run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • NOW TV subscription(s) will 'roll on' automatically if they are not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply Voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you refer to the 'My passes' area of your account it will tell you when your 'Sports' pass expires...

And just-so all NOW TV customers know: -

• NOW TV subscription(s) will run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • NOW TV subscription(s) will 'roll on' automatically if they are not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply Voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd be a little wary of this if you have a 2,3,4 or six month pass.  I generally only cancel in the last month prior to the payment.  Not willing to experiment to prove this is the case.

Not sure this applies to daily or weekly passes.  I used my Sports pass yesterday, even though it was  due to expire in October,  so I could get the free pass today.  However I had to wait until the current pass expired at about 9am.  Still given me another 9 months grace.  I will try this just before my 3 month ents/2 months movies end in August.

Great advice, shame there isn't a activation PIN for day sports passes.  Would stop my pesky teenagers using it without my knowledge!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're right, it did use to be the case you had to cancel in the last month of a multi-month offer, but it's changed now, you can cancel anytime and during the cancellation process it will confirm the end date as the end of your however-many-months.

The 'adding in the last month' rule applies to the month passes, the day and week sports passes are slightly different as they are one-off purchases, and unfortunately you have to wait for your current one to expire before you can get another one.

The 'activation PIN' idea has been mentioned before and I agree would be very useful. In the meantime I'd recommend not buying a sports pass or applying a voucher for one until you are ready to use it where it's possible to avoid accidental activation. Obviously for today's free pass that's not an option, you'll just have to hope for the best!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

In the meantime I'd recommend not buying a sports pass or applying a voucher for one until you are ready to use it where it's possible to avoid accidental activation. Obviously for today's free pass that's not an option, you'll just have to hope for the best!

I did that with the free Pringles pass, however six days ago deep in the T&Cs I discovered it expired on 30th June 2016  [ I originally got it in November 2015, so thought I had a few months to use it ] ...

... still today's pass makes up for it.

Would be nice to be able to input all the passes.  I have four on cards that I have copied to email as I know I won't be able to find them when I want to apply them.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I did that with the free Pringles pass, however six days ago deep in the T&Cs I discovered it expired on 30th June 2016  [ I originally got it in November 2015, so thought I had a few months to use it ] ...

A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I bought two LG televisions, both of which came with seven 'sports day' passes... I think I only managed to use two of them (to watch F1) before the rest expired...

Boy could I do with them now Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so if my pass ends on 7 oct can i still watch on that date?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

so if my pass ends on 7 oct can i still watch on that date?

@Anonymous User

Should be fine, up until the start time of when you either activated or purchased the pass (depending on which Sports Pass is currently on your account).  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are not going to extend the Sports Month Pass, make sure you cancel well before the expiry date of your current pass or the NowTV system will auto renew each month until you cancel.

Also, don't leave it to the last 24 hours of when your current pass expires, otherwise you may find that the NowTV computerized system may disable your cancel button whilst they are in the process of preparing to take money out of your account for the next due payment.

Would always recommend to cancel your month sports pass a few days before the expiry date and don't worry if you cancel early you will still get the full duration of your pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User visit My Passes now and hit cancel on the pass. It will stop if from renewing and you can continue to watch until the 23rd July.