cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Want to watch NFL games, but have a US billing address

I'm on an extended visit to the UK, and I want to watch my NFL games. But I don't have a UK billing address for my credit card, so my payments aren't completing, and the NowTV payment form doesn't allow for non-UK billing addresses. Is there a way to contact someone to set this up?

BTW, Sky, if you're reading: Rule #1  for any business - DON'T GET BETWEEN YOUR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR MONEY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just be aware it could be hit and miss with pre-paid credit cards with NOW TV, some have got it to work, others have come on here with problems getting them accepted. 

There’s a couple of other options, but they are a bit of a compromise so might not suit.

If you have an Apple TV you can pay for NOW TV passes direct using an iTunes account (which can be funded with gift cards) without needing a NOW TV account - just choose the appropriate option when opening the app.

You could sign up to the NFL GamePass and pay via Paypal. However they have a Sunday afternoon match blackout so you have to wait for the catch-up to watch those games. 

If you are happy to watch on a mobile/tablet device you can download the Sky Sports Mobile TV app and pay for a monthly pass via iTunes or Google Play. However you can only watch on your mobile/tablet (although the prices are much cheaper than NOW TV).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... Is there a way to contact someone to set this up?

In short no @Anonymous User,

In order to access/use the NOW TV service you need to have a UK address, a UK registered debit/credit card. And you need to be accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK.

There are no legal ways around this...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, the only thing I don't have is a UK credit card. That's too bad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

duplicate

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

In order to prevent people accessing the NOW TV service from outside the UK, NOW TV have been making their billing systems more secure.

I suspect the addresses of all credit/debit cards have to match your home (residential) address. I doubt business addresses will be permitted...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I doubt business addresses will be permitted...

My pockit pre-paid card is registered at my business address and works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could use a pre-paid credit card along with any UK address.  Like a work address.  I used one for SFR Sport in France with no issue. Try Pockit

http://www.pockit.com/ppc/generic/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Generic

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just be aware it could be hit and miss with pre-paid credit cards with NOW TV, some have got it to work, others have come on here with problems getting them accepted. 

There’s a couple of other options, but they are a bit of a compromise so might not suit.

If you have an Apple TV you can pay for NOW TV passes direct using an iTunes account (which can be funded with gift cards) without needing a NOW TV account - just choose the appropriate option when opening the app.

You could sign up to the NFL GamePass and pay via Paypal. However they have a Sunday afternoon match blackout so you have to wait for the catch-up to watch those games. 

If you are happy to watch on a mobile/tablet device you can download the Sky Sports Mobile TV app and pay for a monthly pass via iTunes or Google Play. However you can only watch on your mobile/tablet (although the prices are much cheaper than NOW TV).

stammie1609
Expert

Could you not go to a retailer like Curry's or Argos and buy Sky Sports vouchers over the counter and then apply the code on your voucher to your Now TV account?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609 wrote:
Could you not go to a retailer like Curry's or Argos and buy Sky Sports vouchers over the counter and then apply the code on your voucher to your Now TV account?

You still need to have an active NOW TV account, which means having a UK address and UK registered debit/credit card, even if you use you want to use vouchers 😉