cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'There was an error streaming your video. Please wait a moment and try again.'

Have been watching Sky Sports using NOW TV on my PC with a day pass recently without any problems until today, it worked fine a couple of weeks ago on Chrome, but now I can't start the stream on any browser.

I've been trying since 4pm, and have now missed the entire first half of the match I activated the day pass to watch. I've tried both Chrome and Firefox, rebooted my whole system, everything, but still get the same message every time I try. No error code provided or anything, it just starts the stream loading screen and then closes abruptly with the same error message quoted in the thread title each time.

I've allowed Silverlight to run continually on each browser, and I have the most up to date version installed. This error has only occurred today, so cannot be to do with my PC set up, which has not changed, I haven't even applied any Windows updates since I last watched Sky Sports this way.

I'm not happy at all to have wasted a day pass and missed my match.

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there is something wrong at your end NowTV

Can i have a refund please?

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User ,

We're sorry to see you were unable to watch with your pass. We'll send you an email regarding your account shortly.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the refund.

I have already tried the Silverlight page you recommended but nothing changed.

I think you need to make people aware that there is a potential problem regarding this service before they pay you, not afterwards.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Sky Pass on Sunday stopped streaming twice and then collapsed COMPLETELY at the beginning of the second half, Chelsea v Southampton. My son had come over from Norway to see this match and because I couldnt get any actual tickets to the game I bought a Sky Pass. BIG mistake.

It was an even poorer quality experience than BT Sport which at least manages to et you view the whole match. For free! You can check on my account that we had to give up watching. I hope you'll refund the money I paid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed your directly

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still haven't had a response from the NOW TV help team to the email reply I sent them yesterday, I've had to send one again now.

I should at least be getting 2 replacement Sky Sports day passes to use when this issue has been resolved, because I've wasted 2 of my own now, and the one I was given to replace my first wasted day was invalid as it was a character short.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no response to either of the replies I sent to the  help team's email, 3 days now. I don't currently have the time to go on live chat and talk a new agent through everything again when I've already described everything in my email responses and on here.

The reference I was given (as in the original email replay to me from the NOW TV Help team) is [ ref:_00DG0BmYO._500G0eDVVc:ref ], if that makes any difference at all, and can help get someone to come back to me on this at some point. Like I said earlier, the NOW TV day pass code I was given in that original email to replace the first one I wasted was not a valid code, and so was unusable - I had to use a different one of mine, and after activating that one the stream still never worked in order for me to watch my match, meaning 2 day passes have now been wasted because I couldn't use the replacement one emailed to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your post.

I am going to look into this for you and shall email you back

Kind Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problems, including the IE issue, which is unbelievable...it does not load the "sign in" page! it does crash!  How on earth do you want me to watch the streaming if I can't even sign in? That's with IE, with Chrome and Mozilla I have the same 'There was an error streaming your video. Please wait a moment and try again.' message. It is very frustrating. And how can you suggest is a problem on our end? I have my partner trying to use the pass in a different computer (new), with a different internet connection...in a different town!!! and she has the same problems...

A wasted weekly pass.