cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'There was an error streaming your video. Please wait a moment and try again.'

Have been watching Sky Sports using NOW TV on my PC with a day pass recently without any problems until today, it worked fine a couple of weeks ago on Chrome, but now I can't start the stream on any browser.

I've been trying since 4pm, and have now missed the entire first half of the match I activated the day pass to watch. I've tried both Chrome and Firefox, rebooted my whole system, everything, but still get the same message every time I try. No error code provided or anything, it just starts the stream loading screen and then closes abruptly with the same error message quoted in the thread title each time.

I've allowed Silverlight to run continually on each browser, and I have the most up to date version installed. This error has only occurred today, so cannot be to do with my PC set up, which has not changed, I haven't even applied any Windows updates since I last watched Sky Sports this way.

I'm not happy at all to have wasted a day pass and missed my match.

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what operating system does your laptop run and do you use any anti virus software, if so which one? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also started recieving this message in the last week. I am watching on my pc using windows 10 and firefox as the browser. Although I can watch 1 hour 10 minutes (always this amount of time, no more, no less.) then it closes the stream, which is annoying when the cricket today lasted over 3 hours and a Ford super Sunday is even longer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please download the NOW TV app from the Microsoft Store and watch NOW TV from the app rather than your browser.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank's Rich, that seems to have sorted it. It's just a shame that there is no independant volume control on the app.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this error message now. Really annoying as I only used nowtv on my laptop yesterday. I have not changed anything overnight but went to login to nowtv website today and doesn't matter what i try to play i just keep getting the error message 'There was an error starting the video stream. For more info, please go to nowtv.com/help.' Tried everything I have read on forums. Fixing silverlight, re-installing silverlight, unblocking pop-ups, trying a different browser etc...nothing seems to work. Seems like overnight either my laptop has decided it no longer likes nowtv OR nowtv don't like my laptop! Anybody help...

I'm using windows 7 professional on my HP elitebook 840 laptop. Like I said, it worked yesterday...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Took my money first then refused to play. An age to get to view anything but then told 'Chrome does not support NowTV'. Tried via Windows 10 browser but that also took an age, only to be then told 'Microsoft Edge does not support NowTV' (what, again?) and 'You'll have to download Firefox Browser'.  Downloaded Firefox (along with an assortment of crap) which also took an age to start, only for a pop up to say, 'Firefox has blocked NowTV due to security reasons - What!!!!

Like you and probably many others I missed the build up and first minutes of the League Cup Final. From initial payment to actually watching anything was about 45 minutes.  Far easier to find and watch for free, illegally, then it is to access NowTV's paid for game. What a farce!

Notice there is nowhere on the web-site to actually cancel your account - why is that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same problem ... started 2 weeks ago... never happend before... somthings up with Now TV... that comment that noone else is experiencing it is invalid... I just dont think people are going to community boards when they are missing the games!!.. We totally desparate to watch the games we PAID for!! Plus theres this issue where it just says visit the help NowTVpage??!... no error code, no hint of what to do... come on guys give us at least a hint?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue,

I really need to fix it until sunday!!

Do it fast please !!!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User,

First things first... What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
[ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]

If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 Pc