cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports pass issue

Went to get a month sports pass from Argos (and then Game) neither shops were able to validate the passes at the till.

Any ideas why not?
12 REPLIES 12
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Are you sure it's a month sports pass for NOW TV you were trying to purchase, as I'm only aware of week sports passes being sold as gift cards? You can also purchase sports passes directly from your My Account > My Passes page if you need one quickly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You can buy the passes(top up cards) day, week and monthly, from Argos, Currys, Game etc. I don't want to sign up for the monthly pass on line, just get the top up card pass.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem with the shop validating the cards.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah well spotted, the month gift card is a new product, it was only available in week passes before, but at £25 it's a good discount. Possibly some teething issues with it being new, I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and hopefully he can check out if there's any issues with them authenticating at the mo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here a few mins ago... Argos took payment of £25 but the Now TV card would not activate. Argos staff said nothing they could do as it's a Now TV problem and had to refund my credit card.

Waste of time and trip to Argos!

Who is at fault here? Argos who are advertising the product, or Now TV?

Product is still on sale at £25 http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6198882

Thanks,

Jim

Victor1947
Advocate

Tried to buy  month sports pass at Argos this morning ,tried several but none activated. Curry’s say Now tv h@ve stopped the cards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Folks,

I have checked this with our Backoffice teams and they have said there not aware of any issues and as the Gift Cards are from a 3rd party source the issue may lie with them but they will look into it to see if there is an isue. Can you tell us if you end up purchasing the Gift Card and that the Gift Card cannot be activated by Argos for you take home to add to your account. or are you able to buy the pass take it home but it won't add to your account? As far as we know the Gift Cards have a URL on them to activate the pass to your account directly rather than putting the code into the My Passes section on our website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There's no problem with buying the cards as I done this at Argos and Game. The issue is after you have paid for them and the assistant tries to validate/activate the card(as I believe they do with all these type of shop brought cards) and the validation fails. I haven't been able to take a pass home and try as the shop refunds straight away. I'm reluctant to take something the has failed activation home to try only to have to take it back when(if) it doesn't work.

I'm aware that I can set up a monthly pass online, however this isn't something I want to do.

Such a simple process (should be), that is becoming frustratingly difficult.

Wayne
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The payment details are not working - tried since around 12pm not accepting payment details and cannot view payment details when on laptop either - error message 

We're having trouble displaying your payment details

Please wait a moment and try again.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's most odd. I've just managed to access my 'Payment details' without any problems!

If you haven't done-so already, have you suspended any ad-blocking software you may have installed. And delete your temporary internet files and cookies...

Cheers