cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Popeye13
Scholar 2

Sports Catchup

So there is movies and entertainment ondemand sections, but why no ondemand section for the sports?

3 REPLIES 3
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Popeye13 wrote:

So there is movies and entertainment ondemand sections, but why no ondemand section for the sports?

Hi @Popeye13

Money is the reason why. It would cost a lot of money to acquire the relevant rights in order to be able to have an OnDemand sports section now TV. If now TV wanted to introduce an OnDemand sports section there would have to be quite a significant increase in subscription costs. I believe sky TV users pay over £45 per month for the sports bundle a month for sports where is now TV is cheaper 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Popeye13
Scholar 2

Decent point but, they already have the rights as they're available through SkyGo and in all honesty, id pay a couple more quid to have access to it as missing something live and then hoping its replayed at a decent time on Sky Sports can be very hit and miss.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Popeye13

Sky go has separate rights to nowTV the rights that sky go has do not apply to nowTV , if nowTV wanted to provide OnDemand sports they would have to do acquire separate rights to sky go. As now TV is set up as a separate service to sky go as far as rights holders are concerned a different set of rights is required. As I said above, it would be expensive

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.