cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky sports mix and red button

Ok, so the launch of Sky sports mix has been roughly what 8 months. Still not on Now TV and based on other forums Sky couldn't care less about its Now TV sports customers.

Same applies to the Red Button sports content, this is no where to be seen. And again not a single word on if Now TV will ever get this function. 

Now TV is meant to be a viable alternative from Sky, with getting ALL sports coverage on Now TV. 

I find it handy having options for day, week and month passes. But what good is this where you are not getting ALL coverage? There has been many Malaga games that I have missed thanks to the Red Button feature and Sports Mix channel both being non existant on any of the Now TV platforms.

From what I gather Now TV staff keep an eye on these threads, please can someone give me a rough date on when we will see;

1) Sports Red Button being available on ALL platforms (not just the Smart Box)

2) Sports Mix channel coming to either Entertainment or Sports Passes (couldn't care which one but one at the very least)

Also the lack of on demand content sickens me, as I watch WWE Raw and Smackdown from time to time, but due to the timings I am never able to watch it live or the "late night" showings. So this being on catch up would incline me more to be a monthly pass customer. 

This is a must, not just to have Live events but on Catch up as well. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where is the final day of laver cup tennis on sky sports?? Advertised on Sky Sport Mix but now its only showing a Rugby match and I'm missing Nadal playing and Federer is next up. Total bum move to skip the last day of the tournament Sky.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Skysports.com website says it will be shown LIVE on Mix. No mention of red button.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been conned too.

Paid for a pass to watch the Laver Cup only to find it taken off.

Red Button? What red button.

Conned!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Seems to be a common problem with the way Sky Sports are scheduling their feeds lately. The tennis is currently on Sky Arena's red button but that's not available on NOW TV.

I'd recommend firstly giving feedback to Sky Sports about the way they've scheduled the event eg on their Facebook page (contact via Messenger) or on Twitter 'at' SkySports

Also vote for and leave comments on this idea in the Ideas Board to encourage NOW TV to work on providing red button coverage

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Red-button-content/idi-p/138434

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I could not agree  more. I just bought a week pass for the LAVER CUP on the understanding that I would get FULL online coverage . I planned my whole weekend around watching this event. Just as  NADAL - ISNER were about to play the decisive match the channel switched to an Ealing  rugby match. And, no, the tennis was not showing on any other channel.

After trying online to find ways to contact  SKY or NOWTV, I did find a telephone number for SKY  helpline. They informed me that coverage for the LAVER cup had switched to the red button for TV subscribers and that I should contact the NOWTV  to find out how to access it online They provided me with a NOWTV  contact number which I had not been able to find anywhere on the internet least of all on the NOWTV website. 

NOWTV telephone help, apparently a UK number,  could NOT help and said I should use the live chat option on their website. I said I had not found it and was guided through the mysterious pathway of links which leads to this option on the obscure NOWTV website.  The live chat, was answered by someone with a foreign name, apparently unfamiliar with the concept of red button so probably the service is provided from India or Bangladesh.  They did not understand the nature of the problem, were no help whatever  and tried to tell me that I couldn't see it because the tournament had finished when I knew it had not. The refund I insisted on does not compensate for the disappointment and anger I feel.

It cannot be technically very challenging to set up an alternative channel to allow NOWTV pass holders to view  events that SKY diverts to another channel via the red button  Furthermore, NOWTV offers no REPLAY  nor REWIND options unlike  Eurosport and TENNISTV and so many other similar websites which do offer these services.    Why can't SKY - NOWTV do the same?

SKY +NOWTV 's behavour is unethical. I was given to understand that I would  obtain FULL coverage of the LAVER cup. There was no talk about cutting the broadcast  off before the end of the tournament. . BOTH  companies are therefore guilty of  DECEIVING the public. I find this outrageous. Unacceptable.

A further search led me to this web page where I discovered that I am not the first victim of these incompetent and unethical business practices to make a complaint.  When will SKY+NOWTV take action to  remedy this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all tennis fans,

I just complained to Now TV on their live chat (email didn't send) and explained fairly forcefully that I felt mislead that the fact that red button is not included was not made clear in their "all channels" advert. The agent on the other end was called Vaibhani and he has immediately refunded me my £10.99 without any question - hopefully should hit my credit card in a few days.

Give it a try - it worked for me. I never expected to get it back.

Feeling much happier now as I now saw the earlier matches for free.  Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Feeling much happier now as I now saw the earlier matches for free.  Smiley Happy

Personally i would rather get the sport than a refund.  OK, Sky have had a lot of live sport to show today, but not showing all of the Laver Cup is a bit of a farce.   Surely a red button stream with the India v Australia game followed by the Laver Cup must be possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.  I said that a refund cannot compensate for it. Nothing  can. You cannot turn back the clock.
A farce? yes but  it amounts to  fraud when you  advertise live coverage of an event and then dont provide it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And yeah...we need NFL Redzone on both Action and Mix (!). Duh, put the tennis on either of those channels as advertised.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feeling pretty ripped off here.  Signed on to day pass specifically to watch the Spain v Albania match and can't get it b/c of 'red dot' or whatever.  Says on 'now tv' then when i click on game goes to the Ireland one which I could have gotten anyway on my tv.   How does one get this 'red dot' and why does it say we can get these matches when we can't?