cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky sports mix and red button

Ok, so the launch of Sky sports mix has been roughly what 8 months. Still not on Now TV and based on other forums Sky couldn't care less about its Now TV sports customers.

Same applies to the Red Button sports content, this is no where to be seen. And again not a single word on if Now TV will ever get this function. 

Now TV is meant to be a viable alternative from Sky, with getting ALL sports coverage on Now TV. 

I find it handy having options for day, week and month passes. But what good is this where you are not getting ALL coverage? There has been many Malaga games that I have missed thanks to the Red Button feature and Sports Mix channel both being non existant on any of the Now TV platforms.

From what I gather Now TV staff keep an eye on these threads, please can someone give me a rough date on when we will see;

1) Sports Red Button being available on ALL platforms (not just the Smart Box)

2) Sports Mix channel coming to either Entertainment or Sports Passes (couldn't care which one but one at the very least)

Also the lack of on demand content sickens me, as I watch WWE Raw and Smackdown from time to time, but due to the timings I am never able to watch it live or the "late night" showings. So this being on catch up would incline me more to be a monthly pass customer. 

This is a must, not just to have Live events but on Catch up as well. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 wrote:

... please can someone give me a rough date on when we will see;

1) Sports Red Button being available on ALL platforms (not just the Smart Box)

2) Sports Mix channel coming to either Entertainment or Sports Passes (couldn't care which one but one at the very least). 

The twelfth of never.

Sky have always kept something back from other platforms.  Initially Sky Sports Extra then the red button and now Mix and on demand.  I guess they believe people will subscribe to Sky if they take this approach but since giving up my dish back in 2001 I have yet to convert back.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wish I could disagree with your statement, but its impossible.

One of the reasons I left Sky was down to the over pricing for their content and their TV packages being very poorly bundled, I swtiched to Now TV almost 2 years ago and have never looked back. 

Even though now TV is great, it is by no means the perfect alternative for Sky TV. However Sky not allowing its content/channels being available on Now TV does nothing for me in terms of wanting to become a Sky TV customer once again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 wrote:

Even though now TV is great, it is by no means the perfect alternative for Sky TV. 

I think it is better than Sky.  I get multi box for free, I only get the channels I want, I can just subscribe for the day and it costs far less.   I can even watch at other people's houses using my account and I don't have to have a big box under my TV.

So good, I only have the virgin Tivo box with the main TV because it costs the same as not having it and it gives me access to BT Sport, Premier Sport and Eurosport.  Now Eurosport is on Amazon Prime that is less of an issue as I can get that on a Roku stick in four locations as well.

It would be nice to have mix and the red button, but so far I have not missed anything that I really wanted to watch because of it.  Inconvenient, maybe, but overall Now (and Amazon and Netflix) is far better for me than the Sky/Virgin/BT/Talk Talk alternatives. All that is missing on Roku are UEFA and some GAA matches, but I think that will change in the next year or two.  Premier Sports should definitely get a Roku channel to go with the Chromecast app.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Most definitely have to agree with you re the "multioroom" set up, having Now TV gives me the option to watch it in my bedroom without costing any extra. The fact the channels live are HD and not costing extra is ironic given Sky charge extra for the channels in HD, but I sure am not complaining!

Plus I do love that I can take my Roku stick to hotels plug it in and watch Now TV as if at home. Which is something you most certainly cannot do with Sky or Sky Q.

Its just a pain when I see Malaga La Liga games on Sky sports but either via the Red Button or the Mix channel.

Also I have to admit to watch WWE every now and again, but unless I can watch it on catch up its impossible to watch it when its on live at any time. For that reason it's another feature that the Sports pass is lacking in Catch Up/On Demand content.

Apart from the above regarding the Sports Pass, I would easily say that Now TV is hands down miles better than BT, Sky and Virgin TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see that the red button issue was brought up in 2013and still nothing has been done. It devalues the service and makes the adverts misleading. I will report this to the advertising standards authority. I also find it misleading that all customers get sky mix when this is excluded from Now TV Entertainment customers. Has any progress been made in the years of the NowTV evenue stream?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

... misleading that all customers get sky mix when this is excluded from Now TV Entertainment customers. 

Just glad to have it nowadays not so long ago it wasn't available at all.

Red button and catch up still two things missing after all these years.    Was in France this summer and SFR had ALL the Premier League games and ALL on catch up.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up just to watch Rafa and the Laver Cup and he is now on the red button which of course I can't get.  Fat Chance I will get my money back!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely agree with Carol - I signed up for a week yesterday as it was the only place to see the tennis and now, at the crucial last match, it has been transferred to red button which is unavailable to me!!

It may have been in the small print but it was not clear in the main sign up pages - total deception and rip off. Won't be doing this again in a hurry.Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could not agree more. We feel we have been conned. What is the point of NOWtv showing the competition at all if it isn't going to show the concluding matches.