cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports f1

Is it possible to just buy/pay for Sky Sports F1.  It's the only channel in the sky sports bundle I would watch and I don't want to pay for a host of channels I don't want to be watching

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

...It just seems pointless paying £33 (or however much the sports pass costs) a month for one channel/sport that you have to watch live. It is not always easy to watch the F1 races that air at 3/4/5/6..etc am when you are at work every day.

i dont like channel 4 coverage, sky have the best coverage for F1... Maybe i will look into reenabling my sky box for the record feature.

If you want to watch the races at the time of your choice and don't want to watch channel 4 then you have to have the full bells and whistles Sky Sports subscription with recording.  

Where Now TV works is for those who might want to just watch the race so they get a day pass or even those who want the practice and qualifying as well with the week pass.  That way it would be cheaper than the Sky equivalent.

Those who just like F1 are in a far better position than those of us who like other sports (in my case football, tennis and GAA) where they could be on BT Sport, Sky Sports, Eurosport or Premier Sport requiring up to four subscriptions some of which are for a minimum of one month with Virgin or longer elsewhere.  

I would be deligjhted with one channel from one provider dedicated to any of my sports.  And even more delighted if half of it was free on terestrial TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

the first now tv box did not have the pause function for live tv, so maybe record will be added one day? 

I doubt there will be recording functionality on Now boxes as Sky have plans to make Sky Q available without a dish in 2018.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

even better, Sky Q with no dish. I have one but Sky said they would need to send some one to revisit the house to possibly make changes to it.

i think I would end up back using sky for the record function. Especially if now tv will never get it.

so far I only use it for American shows and it's perfect for that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is it possible to just buy/pay for Sky Sports F1.  It's the only channel in the sky sports bundle I would watch and I don't want to pay for a host of channels I don't want to be watching

Sky do that.  £18/month.  

(plus £22/month for a load of non-sports channels you probably don't want to watch)

Personally I would rather pay less and get the rest of the sports channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I notice this forum seems to be a place to just 'dead end' us customers who have a desire to make contact with the company about things we want or are concerned about!  I see ZERO replies from Now TV themselves.  Extremely disapointing....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to watch F1 TODAY THATS WHY i PAYED FOR NOW TV WHEN I HOVER OVER THE SPORTS CHANEL THE CURSER HAS A BLOCKED SYMBLE WHY