cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports f1

Is it possible to just buy/pay for Sky Sports F1.  It's the only channel in the sky sports bundle I would watch and I don't want to pay for a host of channels I don't want to be watching

15 REPLIES 15
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is it possible to just buy/pay for Sky Sports F1.  It's the only channel in the sky sports bundle I would watch and I don't want to pay for a host of channels I don't want to be watching

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately not no Smiley Sad you can only buy passes which give you access to all the live sports channels

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

To be truthful most people buying a sports pass are only doing it for one event / one channel.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm still hoping that the NOW TV guys will one day offer us 'F1 only fans' a season pass and/or cheaper day passes for the dedicated 'Sky Sports F1' channel/stream  Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am not a fan of any sports apart from the F1, but the sports pass is so expenssive and I would like the option of having just the F1 channel. I cannot watch it live and am so used to being able to record it on my 2TB sky box.

Can I get the F1 channel only and with catchup services? being able to watch the whole thing again on demand?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There's no way to buy a pass for individual channels at the moment, and currently none of the sports passes allow recording or watching on-demand, you only get access to the live channels I'm afraid.

the idea has been suggested before, so you might like to leave a comment and/or vote on the idea here to show your support.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Individual-sports-channel-pass/idi-p/84658

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I am not a fan of any sports apart from the F1, but the sports pass is so expenssive and I would like the option of having just the F1 channel. I cannot watch it live and am so used to being able to record it on my 2TB sky box.

Can I get the F1 channel only and with catchup services? being able to watch the whole thing again on demand?

Why do F1 fans think the sports pass is so expensive and always want some sort of discount?   You can watch all the races for £70/annum (half are free on Channel 4 ) and there is a whole channel dedicated to it, so you get a proper 24 hours on the day pass or a full week on the weekly pass.   I just watch 90 minutes of  football every now and again and don't care for any other sports, so can I have a game pass for 50p?

Can I get the F1 channel only and with catchup services?  NO!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hey,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont like football, tennis, rugby or any sports shown on sky sports 1,2,3,4. I would be happy to pay X amount to get just F1. It just seems pointless paying £33 (or however much the sports pass costs) a month for one channel/sport that you have to watch live. It is not always easy to watch the F1 races that air at 3/4/5/6..etc am when you are at work every day.

i dont like channel 4 coverage, sky have the best coverage for F1... Maybe i will look into reenabling my sky box for the record feature.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries. Do you still have your Sky TV subscription? If not, then just bear in mind the Sky TV box doesn't work with NOW TV so you wouldn't be able to use it to record NOW TV streams, even if you pay the monthly fee to re-enable recording.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have my sky card enabled at the moment.

i do miss the record feature though.

if I could watch it live I probably would not mind buying the whole sports package, but I think without record I would miss most of the race weekends 😞

when i I first got sky F1 it was included in the HD package and you did not have to get the sports, so I was hoping the same could be done with now tv. I know that's no longer the case with sky.

the first now tv box did not have the pause function for live tv, so maybe record will be added one day? Here is to hoping.