cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports action and football will not work

Hi, I couldn't be more disappointed. I purchased a week sky sports pass in order to watch the football tonight and boxing Sunday morning. On channels football and action and low and behold, the 2 channels not working. This is a complete joke. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry and sky sports main event will not work
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. When you say not working what do you mean? Do the channels play at all? Do they play but the picture quality isn't good? Do you get any error messages? What device are you using to watch on? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All the other sky sports channels work they come in in perfect quality. Sky sports main event and sky sports football. The only 2 channels I really want while I have a weeks pass just produce the loading icon and then mention error and do not work on my TV. The channels work on my phone and laptop. Thanks for your reply Andy
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If they're working fine on your laptop it shouldn't be an Internet issue, which device are you using to watch on your TV? eg NOW TV box, Xbox, built-in app on LG or Samsung etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just done a hard reset and still the same for both channels not working. I have a now TV box. The slightly more expensive one. And I'm watching it on a Panasonic 50" HAD smart TV
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try rebooting your broadband router as NOW TV will ask you to do that anyway. If that doesn't help try a forced software update. Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If neither of those steps help I'd suggest popping onto live chat and seeing if they can get to the bottom of it. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Hope you get sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.

All the sky sports channels work on my iPad but Main event and Football channels won't open on my Panasonic TV. All the other sky sports channels are fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What worked for me was not using wireless from my internet box to my now TV
box. Plug a ethanet cable between the two if at all possible and see if
that works.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with main event and football channels every time there is a major sports event those channels don't work on the nowtv stick, all other channels load immediately. Re booted the system so many times to no avail. End up having to watch it on my iPad Very frustrated and thinking of cancelling if it doesn't get sorted soon.

nowtv guts you really need to sort this issue out, it only occurs when major sports events are on like big premiership football games England rugby etc.