cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports HQ app

I recently purchased the now tv box and bought a sports pass for the US Masters. I expected to see sky sports news for 30 days but I cannot see the app. I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

The chat helpline has not been productive. I feel I get the run around everytime I have a query. They told me today that there is a technical issue. I have nothing against first like support as they get the brunt of peoples frustration but what I have ecperienced is not tolerable. It is a simple question - "Why can I not see the app in the app store?". Should be a simple answer.

Just curious on other folks opinions.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are using a nowtv branded box or stick, then i don't know why you can't see the Sky Sports News HQ  App ?

What happens if you go to the Sky Sports Now & Next EPG on the NowTV App and select Sky Sports News HQ on the live channel list ?

Does it start playing or asks you to buy a pass ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now tv branded box.

When I go to the live channel it tells me I need to buy a pass.

Cheers

Mike

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just checked my nowtv box and both the Sky Sports News HQ App is showing and working with my pass and i also tried the other method of going straight to the Sky Sports EPG and selecting the live Sky Sports News HQ channel and that also worked for me.

When it asks for a pass it usually means that you are not logged in with the correct account that you bought the sports pass with ?

Perhaps log out of your nowtv box and try signing back in again ?

With regards to the Sky Sports News HQ App not showing under My Apps, then check if it's available in the Apps Store and add it to the My Apps on the box.

If the Sky Sports HQ News App is not showing at all in My Apps or Apps Store then try a forced software on the box see step 6 in guide linked below and if still no joy the only other thing you could try is a factory reset on the box see step 2 on linked help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick responses.

I have tried the software upgrade and the factory reset but the app still does not show up in the App store. My account is the same as the one I log in to the website with.

I was hoping the chat line would have been able to shed some light on the subject but it did not. So I am kinda stuck for an answer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you had sports day pass or week pass for the golf masters to have the 30 day extra access to the Sky Sports News HQ channel and didn't have a month sports pass that has already previously expired on your account?

To be honest i am totally baffled why you can't see the Sky Sports News HQ App when going to My Apps on your NowTV box (not Roku box).

Hopefully, somebody else on here will have some idea what's going wrong with your nowtv box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you based in the Republic of Ireland and bought the sports pass and box from ROI ?

Where reading the ROI Help centre article you need an active sports pass to watch Sky Sports News HQ channel and the 30 day extra access doesn't apply to ROI customers.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I am in ROI. I guess that is the answer. I wish they had specified that as I had asked before I purchased the box.

Thanks again.