cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky schedule and the red button

I boycotted Now TV for six months due to matches on Mix during the days of SS1-5. 

I thought it was safe to come back. It was not.

One week into a month pass, missed the end of two tennis matches when they were moved to the red button.

On Saturday the Sky online schedule has both ATP 500 events showing on two channels.  But one is actually on the red button. I thought the online scheduler was live and up to date?

So disappointing!

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Any news when sky sports red button service will be added to now tv smart box.

Many of us would like to know.

I just want to check though, If someone has a valid Now Tv Sports pass, can they not use it to login to the Sky website and watch red button there? I know this has probably been done to death but there is a lot of out-of-date information out there. I didn't think it could be done but someone just told me otherwise??

Within NowTVs highlights for the next 7 days (Football) it is only showing the two EFL games which are to be broadcast on Sky Sports Football, there is no mention of the other games.

You cannot watch any live channels via the Sky Sports app (presumably you have to be a 'full' Sky customer for that privilege), nor can you watch the live channels on the website with a NowTV sports pass (you get a message stating You need a Sky Sports subscription to view this content).

ok thanks. It's all very confusing. Virgin Media are saying that VM customers can log in to the Sky Sports website to watch the red button and as there are logins for Sky, VM, and NowTV I thought it might have been the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It's all a bit of a mess really. Who knows, maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise tomorrow night, but I wouldn't be holding my breath Smiley Sad

I'm fairly sure Virgin customers have been able to access the red button streams for a long time now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User 

It's all a bit of a mess really. Who knows, maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise tomorrow night, but I wouldn't be holding my breath Smiley Sad

I'm fairly sure Virgin customers have been able to access the red button streams for a long time now. 

Looking around the internet, I think there will be a lot of very disappointed people tomorrow who have purchased NowTV sports passes expecting to see the first of the "red button" only championship matches.

Especially when there are websites saying the following:

Which TV channel is it on and can I live stream it?

You can watch this game live on Sky Sports Red Button, and you can tune in at 7:45pm for all the action.

You can also live stream the game on NOW TV with a Sky Sports Day Pass for £7.99.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purchased the Sky Sports 10month's offer for £170. Mostly to follow my football team Preston NE on the red button after lots of publicity. Only to find this option isn't valid... what a joke! Even recently purchased and updated our NowTV with the new TV Stick... not happy. You'd think with today's modern technology they'd sort this problem out. Must be a common complaint. C'mon NowTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will see what the regulators have to say about the false advertising. Shouldn't really be called a Sky Sports pass either if it now only gives access to a limited subset of matches shown on Sky Sports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob_D, was about to purchase to watch Sheff Wed on teh Red Button tonight, but wont bother now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Where did you read this?
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe because they’re putting the prices up

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sky sports day and week passes just gone up in price so there is a chance it might be on shortly on now tv smart boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news when the sky sports red button service and catch up service will appear on now tv smart boxes. Can anyone from now tv can tell when this is going happen as there some football matches I miss because it's on the red button as I have a now tv smart box.