cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Miketurn wrote:

Do we really need two large 'lions head' DOG's on screen at the same time , as well as the Sky Sports 'Premier League' DOG as well?

NO, NO WE DON'T! Smiley Mad

Agreed.  So much clutter on screens I just zoom in a lot of the time.  Watching GAA on Premier sport and it looks significantly uncluttered by comparison.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having seen the new Sky Sports channels for 2017 including Sky Sports Premier League, Football, Golf, Cricket, F1, Arena etc., I am disappointed that as a NOW TV customer I do not have the same flexibility as Sky TV customers in that I cannot pick and choose which sports channels I would like, and therefore pay a reduced price than the £33.99 per month offered by NOW TV. 

For example, I only watch football and if I was a Sky TV customer I could add the Premier League and Football channels only for £22 per month (based on the sky.com 'Build your bundle' page - this amount may only apply to new customers and so differ slightly for existing customers). However, NOW TV only offer access to all Sky Sports channels for £33.99 per month (note that I am not interested in the Day or Week passes).

To be clear, the only reason I have NOW TV is that I cannot have a satellite dish installed where I live - apparently there is nowhere safe to mount the dish, and also no line-of-sight due to tall trees in my garden. So of course I would choose Sky TV if I could but it is not an option for me. I also cannot have Virgin Media, nor do I want TalkTalk or BT TV.

So, I would like to ask NOW TV to offer me a reduced Sky Sports Month Pass, equivalent to the cost of adding just the two football channels on Sky TV, which I believe to be around £22 per month. Note that I would gladly commit to 6 or 12 months if necessary. 

I have tried speaking with customer services over chat but they are unhelpful, do not understand or relate to my issue and only direct me to the Offers page (why is there not a phone number for Customer Services?)

I hope to receive a response from a NOW TV representative - please do not spout the usual "...but we offer flexibility in your choices with no contract" rubbish. The "flexibility" of day and week passes matters nothing to me. Ultimately, I just do not understand why we should pay more for sports per month than Sky TV customers (don't even get me started on the fact that we cannot download programmes for offline viewing like with Sky Go).

Regards,

Jonny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have to remember that you don't really get Sky Sports cheap on satellite as rip off Sky make sure you still have to subscribe to one of their watch all the dross packages before you can get Sport. That is why I dont have Sky Sports apart from he obvious fact that the Sports channels are grossly overpriced. The paying less for less options doesnt encourage me in the slightest either.

Just as a I type in comes the post with Sky hoping I will pay £18 for the football channel on satellite. Possibly because i live in Scotland. A message to Sky....It went straight in the bucket. I get BT Sport for £3.75 a month for the next 18 months with champions league, Europa cup and selected Scottish games. i also love Canadian and Aussie Rules football as well as MLB. That will do for me. I wont be ripped off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I get BT Sport for £3.75 a month for the next 18 months with champions league, Europa cup and selected Scottish games. i also love Canadian and Aussie Rules football as well as MLB. That will do for me. I wont be ripped off.

They are mugging you off at that price. Virgin are paying me £6/month to take BT Sport.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So, I would like to ask NOW TV to offer me a reduced Sky Sports Month Pass, equivalent to the cost of adding just the two football channels on Sky TV, which I believe to be around £22 per month. Note that I would gladly commit to 6 or 12 months if necessary. 

I just do not understand why we should pay more for sports per month than Sky TV customers

What if NOW TV insist you pay £22/month for the entertainment pass as well like Sky do?  Also remember the base price of Sky Sports is £27.50/month as opposed to Now TV price of £34/month, so pro-rata, it would probably be more like £29-£30/month if Now had a two channel option.

Sky actually offer ALL the sports channels for just £20/month if you commit for 18 months which is cheaper than the two/three channel only offers.  It is just marketing spin.

Besides right now there is an email offer from Now TV 4 months for £20/month.  Which would be cheaper than Sky.  A lot cheaper.   Until 23:59 on 9 August 2017.

Personally I would prefer to pay £34/month to get the football channels plus the other sports channels I don't watch so much  than sticking a bin lid on the side of the house and having to pay £42/month to have 270 channels of guff so I can get a couple of football channels I want.  I have NOW TV because it is better for me.  It is multiroom, multidevice, and I can even take the box on vacation with me!   Try that with Sky/Virgin et al.  

Truth is you pay less for sports than Sky subscribers because you aren't forced to take all the non sports channels. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still grossly overpriced irrespective of the route you take...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
£3.75 for BT sport? With who?
Issac
Scholar

Sky have e-mailed lots of customers about the £20 a month offer for the next four months  and you can cancel at anytime. I don't think it will get any better than that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not been sent the email so wont matter anyway

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With BT. Threatened to cancel and gave me the deal