cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

What happens to those people with Now TV vouchers - I have quite a few unused Sky Sports ones......  😕

Even if they stop selling day/week passes  in a weeks time, it would be at least a year before they could be fully phased out.  I suspect day and week passes will remain as is.

Not sure how Now TV would implement the single/dual/tri channel options.  If you had just Sky Sports Premier League on a monthly basis but suddenly wanted to watch Sky Sports Football as a one off for a league cup game you would have to be able to apply a day pass.  Also given how many combinations of  2/3 channels you could have, it would be pretty complex to support it all.  

I believe that Now TV will probably just stick with the monthly sports pass as is for now and see what the uplift in Sky subscriptions is.   Wouldn't surprise me to see the individual channel options being dispensed with in 12 months time as I suspect they will lose more from downgrades than people suddenly deciding to subscribe to a single channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F I see not all posts get merged unnecessarily.  Can't reply to yours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports customers will have a choice of channel packages. Why won't NOW TV customers be offered the same flexibility?
NOW TV offers a different kind of flexibility – giving you the freedom to choose when you want to watch Sky Sports. Whether you pick a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass to catch a specific event or a Month Pass that lets you enjoy no-limits sporting action, with NOW TV you can watch the sport you want for a great-value price, without a contract.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As Skysports has introduced new charges and packages will NOW Tv be reviewing its pass charges?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The price for the NowTV Sports passes are not changing with the new Sky Sports channels.

See this article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/enjoy-more-sky-sports-channels-than-ever-before-from-july-2017

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In that case I wont be buying any Sports passes. Grossly over priced

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is disappointing that the same approach isn't being taken with NowTV passes.  £22 with no contract for all Sky's football, and I would probably bite.  £34 a month is extortionate though, will be giving it a wide berth, picking up the odd day pass here and there where I can....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is disappointing that the same approach isn't being taken with NowTV passes.  £22 with no contract for all Sky's football, and I would probably bite.  £34 a month is extortionate though, will be giving it a wide berth, picking up the odd day pass here and there where I can....

I agree.  I tend to use day/week passes as and when needed and doubt I would ever spend £34/month.  Maybe I might get a month's pass for December when I am off, but generally I would say I use no more than 3 day/week passes a month.  Which is always less than £34.

Compared to the equivalent minimum cost of having the full Sports pack via Sky dish of £49.50 (that's £22 for the Original Entertainment bundle plus £27.50 for the full Sports pack), the NOW TV Sports Month pass at £33.99 for "720p HD" (depending on device) is still cheaper, but point taken about paying for sports not watched.

And I'm not sure that you get Sport in "1080p HD" for £49.50. I think you have to have the Box Set Entertainment bundle at £38 to get Sport in "1080p HD", so that pushes it up (from £49.50) to £65.50 for Sport in "1080p HD". But I may be wrong about that!

m4ttgtr
Scholar 2

Well, I'm just gonna say Thank You NowTV (Sky) for adding all these channels at no extra cost, and getting rid of the SS Mix fiasco. I do buy months at a time, currently 3 months for £20 per month and I think it's a pretty good service, IF IT STAYS LIKE THIS. No ss mix2 eh