cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mix - Sport for everyone??  YES!!!!  MIX IS HERE!!!!

Now TV customers will also benefit from the changes, with the 10 channels replacing the current seven in their sport passes at no extra cost.

One thing that isn't clear is the purpose of Main Event.  To watch it, it seems you have to have the whole she-bang which seems to imply that it will have events that aren't on any of the other channels. To my mind that would mean big 6 Premier League games, Ryder Cup/Open Golf, Test Cricket and so on.  So there is probably little point in having a single channel.

• Sky Sports Main Event
    The new destination for the biggest live events
  • Sky Sports Premier League
    The new home of the Premier League
  • Sky Sports Football
    The home of EFL, SPFL, La Liga, Internationals and other football
  • Sky Sports Cricket
    More live games this summer than ever before
  • Sky Sports Golf
    The new must have channel for all Golf fans
  • Sky Sports F1
    The only place to see every F1 race live
  • Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena
    The new home of Rugby Union, Super League, ATP Tennis, Darts, Boxing, NFL, GAA and WWE
  • Sky Sports news
    The home of sports news, 24 hours a day
  • Sky Sport Mix
    Sport for everyone
stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV customers will also benefit from the changes, with the 10 channels replacing the current seven in their sport passes at no extra cost.

I think that should be 11 channels replacing the current 7. 

This reboot of Sky Sports should include Sky Sports Mix for Now TV customers, it cannot be right that we pay £34 a month for Sky Sports but miss the events shown exclusively on the Mix channel.

stammie1609
Expert

@stammie1609 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I think that should be 11 channels replacing the current 7. 

This reboot of Sky Sports should include Sky Sports Mix for Now TV customers, it cannot be right that we pay £34 a month for Sky Sports but miss the events shown exclusively on the Mix channel.

lol I missed the part about Mix, DOH!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

• Sky Sports Cricket
    More live games this summer than ever before

BT Sport will show all Australian Test Matches, One Day Internationals and T20 Internationals played in Australia, including the five-match Ashes Test Series against rivals England in 2017/18.

What is going to happen when this summer ends?    No England cricket from November - January and IPL starts in April.  October - March could be very sparse.  I would have thought the same of Golf, but there seems to be always someone playing somewhere all year round.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi when sky sports goes to football channel will the price change for a day week and month pass if so how much on now to will the football passes be ???
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi when sky sports goes to football channel will the price change for a day week and month pass if so how much on now to will the football passes be ???

Hi @Anonymous User,

The pricing structures for Sky's new Sports service have not been released yet... So keep an eye out for the 18th of July!

I suspect NOW TV's Sky's new Sports service will remain the same as it is now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok cheers for that 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pricing on the main Sky for the new channels:

One channel £18
Two for £22
Three for £26 
All channels plus Main Event channel for £27.50 extra a month

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What happens to those people with Now TV vouchers - I have quite a few unused Sky Sports ones......  😕

And the cynical side of me sees this as another opportunity for Sky/Now TV to increase prices again (having already gone up from £31.99 to £33.99 pcm not so long ago...).  😞

Miketurn
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

What happens to those people with Now TV vouchers - I have quite a few unused Sky Sports ones......  😕

Nothing will change. You'll still get access to all the sports channels as before, but in their new form.