cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldnt subscribe to any of the packages they are all grossly overpriced

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I wouldnt subscribe to any of the packages they are all grossly overpriced

I generally look at what it would cost me to go to a game against the cost of the day pass and the day pass wins everytime simply on travel costs alone.  Nowadays I mostly go to matches that aren't on TV where the tickets cost around £15-£30. The twenty's plenty campaign has worked out well as I have friends who support teams from outside London who I meet up for games against the local rivals!  And the day passes are cheaper than heading off to Ireland for a GAA weekend.

I agree that £34/month is a high price to pay, but with a combination of day and week passes (plus the odd month with Premier Sports and BT Sport) my average spend is less than £20/month on sport TV.  Which is less than a night out at the cinema.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does anyone actually pay full price for any now tv products?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

does anyone actually pay full price for any now tv products?

I don't think so.  Not sure many pay anything at all.  I watched tonight's game courtesy of Pringles!   Not sure I need to worry about Sunday 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sky football 1

Sky Football2

£18 each. 

They have just put up Sky Sports on Now TV to £36 or am I being stupid. Lets be honest most people want the football

Prices haven't been announced yet.  Nor the channel names.  From what I understand £18 will be the entry point for one of the channels on Sky/Virgin.  Having all the channels should cost the same as it currently does.  No decision has been made regarding NOW TV and quite likely that will only have the all or nothing option so people consider switching to Sky.

Highly likely the football will be split between Premier League and the other football, so you get Premier League exclusive to one channel (except final day where multiple games are shown at same time) and Scottish/EFL/La Liga/League Cup/Coppa Italia/Eredivise etc.  Inetrnational games will be a bit of a headache.  Maybe have England (Nations League Only) on the Premier channel with other nations fitting in around them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What percentage is "most"?

See attachment!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

See attachment!

There's got to be something more recent than a 2003 survey!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We will just have to wait and see. But at £18 for one channel it will be bye bye from me. better than £33.99 but still way over the top.

I'll stick with BT Sport which I get for £3.75 a month for the next 18 months. Plenty of Scottish football matches and champions League and Europa matches coming up shortly which is all Im interested in. Sky doesn't do enough Scottish Football to justify the price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

See attachment!

There's got to be something more recent than a 2003 survey!

I reckon there is a big difference between a sport you are interested in, one you would watch, one you pay to watch live and one you would pay to watch on TV.  I like swimming, but I wouldn't watch someone else doing it.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hope so. £34 is too much.