cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 2

Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

83 Replies
vc13
Expert 2

Re: Sky Sports themed channels coming to NOW TV?

@chai wrote:
Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Broadcaster to launch themed channels for football, golf and cricket, with cheapest package costing £18 a month

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Coming to NOW TV?

I hope so.  Wil stop the F1 fans grumbling about subsiding the football. 🙂  Interestingly at the end of teh article "Sky said that it will launch a broadband-delivered TV service next year".  What that means to Now TV, I don't kno.

Should end up with 

• Sky Formula One
  • Sky Football One
  • Sky Football Two
  • Sky Golf
  • Sky Cricket
  • Sky Sports Arena - other content including rugby and tennis.
  • Sky Sports Mix

Better start using up my day and week passes...

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
GreenShell
Mentor

I hope so. £34 is too much.

0 Thanks
vc13
Expert 2

@GreenShell wrote:
I hope so. £34 is too much.

Starting price on Sky seems to be about £18/month for one channel.  I suspect it would be similar on Now TV.  Can't imagine it would be any lower than £15/month.  

Will make the passes on Now TV complex.  If they allow mix and match there would be 100s of combinations.   

0 Thanks
vc13
Expert 2

Rebranding to start on Tuesday 18th July.  Up to that point shows are on a particular channel, but after that just Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky

Wonder where GAA will end up...

0 Thanks
dr_necessitor
Expert 3

@vc13 wrote:
Wonder where GAA will end up...

Sky Sports Arena?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Tonyteehee
Scholar

Sky football 1

Sky Football2

£18 each. 

They have just put up Sky Sports on Now TV to £36 or am I being stupid. Lets be honest most people want the football

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

I've just looked on my account and the current Sports prices are as follows: -

Sports costs.PNG

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Haskins
Scholar

I have read that the pricing will be something like this:

1 channel £18
1 each extra channel £5
All channels £28

This would be a nightmare for Now passes so suspect the day/week/month passes will be for all channels, hopefullly including Mix if it still exists.

0 Thanks
vc13
Expert 2

@Tonyteehee wrote:

Sky football 1

Sky Football2

£18 each. 

They have just put up Sky Sports on Now TV to £36 or am I being stupid. Lets be honest most people want the football

Prices haven't been announced yet.  Nor the channel names.  From what I understand £18 will be the entry point for one of the channels on Sky/Virgin.  Having all the channels should cost the same as it currently does.  No decision has been made regarding NOW TV and quite likely that will only have the all or nothing option so people consider switching to Sky.

Highly likely the football will be split between Premier League and the other football, so you get Premier League exclusive to one channel (except final day where multiple games are shown at same time) and Scottish/EFL/La Liga/League Cup/Coppa Italia/Eredivise etc.  Inetrnational games will be a bit of a headache.  Maybe have England (Nations League Only) on the Premier channel with other nations fitting in around them.

0 Thanks