cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Passes - activation codes do not work

My 2 daughters bought Sky Sports Passes for my husband 4 months ago at a cost of £10 each.  Two passes were bought from Argos and two from Currys online.  These passes were activated at the point of sale.  My husband used the code of one of the passes in February, but a message came on the screen saying 'code invalid'.  I contacted NowTV 'live chat', this took a while but eventually they sent an email with a new activation code, which did work.  On 7th April, he tried to activate one of the other passes and had the same problem, I contacted live chat again and they were no help at all!  We tried the codes of the remaining two passes, and again, the codes were invalid.  I don't know if this problem is due to the fact that NowTV have raised the price of the Sky Sports Passes to £12.99?  These Passes are supposed to be valid for '12 months' from date of purchase, surely they should still work, regardless of any price rises?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sometimes i find dealing with different live chat advisors you get different levels of support and results. 

Hopefully one of the NowTV Forum Team on here will pick up your post and assist you further.

Reading your post, i would have expected that if the codes was activated by Curry's and Argos at the point of sale and are 12 months or less from receipt of purchase, irrespective of the price increase of the week sports pass that these codes should be still valid in my opinion.

When you tried to apply the codes to your account, did you have any sports passes unused and ready to watch on your account or was you on any other sports pass offer deal more than 30 days left remaining 

I assumed you have tried different internet browsers when trying to apply the voucher codes when going to the nowtv website My Account > My Passes ?

Also, have you tried applying the voucher code directly on your nowtv playback device rather than going to the website.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-apply-or-enter-voucher-code

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Sometimes i find dealing with different live chat advisors you get different levels of support and results. 

Hopefully one of the NowTV Forum Team on here will pick up your post and assist you further.

Reading your post, i would have expected that if the codes was activated by Curry's and Argos at the point of sale and are 12 months or less from receipt of purchase, irrespective of the price increase of the week sports pass that these codes should be still valid in my opinion.

When you tried to apply the codes to your account, did you have any sports passes unused and ready to watch on your account or was you on any other sports pass offer deal more than 30 days left remaining 

I assumed you have tried different internet browsers when trying to apply the voucher codes when going to the nowtv website My Account > My Passes ?

Also, have you tried applying the voucher code directly on your nowtv playback device rather than going to the website.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-apply-or-enter-voucher-code

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, we input the codes directly on the TV, I also downloaded NOWTV to my IPad and tried that way without any luck.

I have been on live chat again with someone called Shanthi, and sent him proof of purchase for the Currys passes, I got timed out but fortunately, he emailed me and said he has managed to replace the two Currys codes and suggested I contact Argos for them to activate the other code we have, even though we have an activation code receipt that Argos gave my daughter when she purchased the two she bought.

I'm going to try one of the new codes now to make sure it works!  Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post. Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Referring back to my previous post, I was sent three new codes yesterday via ‘Live Chat’, which again I tried to input via my TV, as I usually do, my PC, and my IPad - I got the same message on all the devices saying ‘Sorry, it seems the code you’ve entered isn’t valid’.   I don’t understand why the passes are not working, I’m not doing anything different than I’ve done before.  I’m so fed up with Live Chat, which I’ve been trying more a couple times each day for the passed week - and as there is no other way of contacting Now TV, I’ll have to complain to Ofcom or Trading Standards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem.  I purchased a 1 week Sports pass from Argos a week ago 22nd August 2018 and when I try to use it NowTV says the code is invalid as the offer has expired.  Argos are selling for £10.