cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

Hello, my sky sports month pass ran out at the weekend and now I can't get Sky Sports News? I thought I was entitled to the sports news channel for a month after the pass ended? I got it the last time my pass ended for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's available for 30 days after you first active a sports pass, so day users get the most amount of extra time, whilst month users get none. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anyone know why I can access Sky Sports News on my NowTV black box but not when logging into the app on my ipad.

Hi @Anonymous User,

As long as you have either an Entertainment or Movie subscription, the ability to receive Sky Sports HQ via it's dedicated 'app' is simply a 'perk' you get by owning a NOW TV Box 😉

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't know if this has changed recently or the Sky Sports News HQ app has now been added to IOS devices (unfortunately i don't own a IOS product), but this old thread might explain why ?

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/Unable-to-access-sky-sports-news-hq-on-iOS/m-p/332502/highlight/true#M3056

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps ill check it out

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Even though I have a NOWTV box, can I not watch Sky Sports News online ? I have an Entertainment Pass which allows me to watch Sky Sports News on my NOWTV Box but doesnt appear to allow me to watch it online through my account !!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have an entertainment pass then you can watch the Sky Sports News HQ channel via the separate Sky Sports News HQ app on the box, but that's the only place you can watch it (it was designed that way to be a bonus perk for users of the box).

The only way to watch the channel on any other devices to buy a sports pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

If you have an entertainment pass then you can watch the Sky Sports News HQ channel via the separate Sky Sports News HQ app on the box, but that's the only place you can watch it (it was designed that way to be a bonus perk for users of the box).

The only way to watch the channel on any other devices to buy a sports pass.

No good reason it cannot be made a live channel with Entertainment and/or Movies.  Those who watch on other devices pay exactly the same. They expect the same content for the same money.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital - Absolutely, but it still doesn't answer the question !!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

SeeMoreDigital - Absolutely, but it still doesn't answer the question !!!

As I said @Anonymous User... It's a 'perk' for NOW TV box owners!

If you want to view Sky Sports HQ on any other device, you'll need to subscribe to the 'Sports' service....

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to clarify here - This is something that's Exclusive to the NOW TV Box - the app on any other device is not included in this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i get sky sports news on my now tv box why can i not get it on any other devices ie computer , i pad etc