cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

Hello, my sky sports month pass ran out at the weekend and now I can't get Sky Sports News? I thought I was entitled to the sports news channel for a month after the pass ended? I got it the last time my pass ended for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's available for 30 days after you first active a sports pass, so day users get the most amount of extra time, whilst month users get none. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Football through sky sports is sharp (I guess 720p sharp) but slightly jerky through both.

When watching Sky sports I recommend you set the video output frequency on your Apple TV to 50Hz (instead of the default 60Hz). All Sky content, including Sports is broadcast/streamed at (25 fps) 50Hz...

And depending on the display your NOW TV playback device is connected to, you will also need to disable all its processing/frame creation' options such as: Real Cinema, Motion Eye Care, TruMotion, Intelligent Frame Creation, Game Mode, Film Cadence Mode, etc (or whatever they may be called on your make and model of TV).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
To add - Google Chromecast is 2nd gen. Apple TV is 3rd gen.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As the subject says the sound isn't in sync with the pictures as of 19:36 oin Sky Sports News HQ - every other cahnnel seems ok in this regard

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem with sound and sync

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im also having problems with audio sync on skysports news HQ. This problems persists across iOS, PC and Android.

I have reset my router, unistalled and reinstalled the mobile apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio and graphics drivers on my PC- all to no avail. The audio is out of sync by about 5-10 seconds all the time. Im not getting buffering errors and all other streaming services seem to be unaffected (e.g. BBC iPlayer)

The only channel that seems to be affected in Sky Sports News HQ.. all other sports channels seem to be unaffected... a strange one..

Please an admin response on this as this seems to be a problem at Now TV's end (although i do not claim to be an expert with these things) which has been going on for atleast 2 days..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

We are working to resolve the issue now, please follow this post for further updates

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Live-Sky-Sports-News-voice-Sync-Issue-on-NOW-TV-05-10-2016/m-p/401614#M338

Thanks

Toby

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Do I need a sky sports day pass to watch the above. The reason why I am asking is that I have an unused day pass on my account and clicked onto this app yesterday. I have done some research and there is nothing clear. Furthermore my day pass is still saved and is showing as unused... kind regards
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can watch the Sky Sports News HQ app as long as you have an active monthly pass(ents, cinema, sports or kids).

Alternately, any time you activate a day or weeks sports pass, you can watch the app for 30 days from the date of activation.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-everyone-knows... If you have a NOW TV branded device you'll be able to receive Sky Sports News HQ (via the dedicated Sky Sports News HQ app) without having to subscribe to Sky Sports.

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital We know, the thread is called Sky Sports News HQ app.