cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News free

I can get Sky Sports News on my Roku & iPhone without a Sky Sports Pass (I have Entertainment Pass) but not on my Macbook, any reason why? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It used to be the case you could only access Sky Sports News with a non-sports pass on NOW TV boxes (and because Rokus use the same app it worked on those as well) as a 'bonus' feature for box owners, but you are right I can now access via iOS apps as well. I've not heard anything about whether this will be available on all devices or not so can't tell you why it works on iOS but not browser. 

I'll tag @Jason-C and @Karl-F from the NOW TV Team to see if there's any 'official' info they can give you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s just the way it is I’m afraid it’s the same for the LG app you don’t get it on there unless you have a sports pass active in the last 30 days

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's news to me.. I'll see what I can find out. 

I was under the impression that you could only access Sky Sports News on the NOW TV Box, but I'll have a look. 

Karl

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can we just confirm what the exact app you are referring to and what steps you take when signing into the app? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can view Sky Sports News on the Now TV Roku Black Box & and iOS Device (iPhone/iPad) with my Entertainment Pass but not on my Macbook through the Now TV app...

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

So you're watching Sky Sports News through NOW TV on our IOS device? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is correct...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F iOS app v9.0.0 selecting Sky Sports News channel in the Sports section and the channel 'just plays', other sports channels inform you you need a sports pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also playing out on the Android app 7.0.2 without the need for a Sports Pass. Other sports channels are prompting to buy a pass.